Just wanted to say

Old 05-07-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say

Looking forward to getting through all this initial garbage of getting me an apartment, getting a separation contract drawn up, getting furniture, and etc. - and getting back to rebuilding my marriage and my life. I am not looking forward to all this work, but it's what I have to do, apparently.

I, however, if I do say so myself, have become a much, much better 'catch' over the last year (way better than I was a little less than a year ago) and I hope she can see that as well. I don't want to be in the position of pleading with her to keep me, I'm done with that. She has to want me back as well. I hope that comes out over the coming weeks / months.

Anyways, all of you that have encouraged me to stay the course here - thank you. I hope this works out for us. I do love my wife. She's a great Mom, she's an intelligent, intense lady with a lot going for her, she's sexy and smart, she's sober - she's the whole package.

Anyways, keep your fingers crossed for me. As always, feedback of all kinds is appreciated - I listen to everything you guys have to say, it's all useful.

-DrS
Old 05-07-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rooting for ya, Doc.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Doc, if it is meant to be, it will be. You just told us how you feel, make sure you are telling her that too!

Wishing you all the best!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I find that when I have internal validation I do not require external validation. Meaning, when I am happy and proud of myself what others think of me doesn't matter. Ironically, that boost of self confidence is very appealing to the opposite sex and they notice it.

Keep working on you regardless of anything else!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You go, Doc! keep it simple, stay the course, don't overthink, keep open mind, let go.....

these are all mantras that I used during my separation from XAH. they helped during times of mass confusion.

wish you and your family all the best!!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post
You go, Doc! keep it simple, stay the course, don't overthink, keep open mind, let go.....

these are all mantras that I used during my separation from XAH. they helped during times of mass confusion.

wish you and your family all the best!!!!
"Don't overthink"? That's my middle name!

Thank you.

-DrS
Old 05-07-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Doc---on the practical side of things. You can furnish an apartment on a shoestring, if you need to. Goodwill is a wonderful place--everything kitchen is there, especially. But all sorts of basic furnishings, etc. (You don't need a showplace). I have also gotten many wonderful STEALS on craigslist.

dandylion
Old 05-07-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Doc, instead of looking at this as "garbage" why not look at it as a re-birth for both of you?
Attitude really makes a difference
And you know the old saying "With all this s%@# there has to be a healthy garden here somewhere"