2 weeks of sobriety

Old 05-05-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks of sobriety

Two weeks of sobriety for my husband. I am fully celebrating this one!

A week ago he was mad at me for reminding him about his AA meeting, stomping around and talking to himself as he hurried to go. Came back home in a better mood. That was somehow a turning point. I think he could see how unreasonable his reaction was. The reason I said anything at all was I could see the potential for another relapse coming if he didn't reach out somewhere.

The week has gotten progressively better. He's gone to two more meetings and seems to be looking forward to them now. Two nights ago he started on a 5-htp supplement with taurine and glycine. I don't know if that's involved, but he's in the best mood I've seen in ages. Reality is still here, but it's not so terrible. I've started on it and it seems to be helping me also. ....hmm... time will tell.

Had to share some good news. I still feel a bit uneasy about this whole "good" thing going on, but I'm learning to accept feeling uneasy for a while. My instincts are good, I'm learning to rely on them. With all the years of being on crisis mode, it's okay for my mind and body to take a while to get used to this. The transitioning time is probably a good thing.

He was forced into rehab last winter. As he says about his relapse, the first was him being stupid. The second part of it he still takes full responsibility for. It was brought on from daily exposure to a small amount of ethanol. Great learning experience for both of us, and his doctor. Now he's taking his recovery seriously.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have a name for my unease. Healthy distrust.

Based on my experiences, of course my mind, body and spirit have distrust of this. I will give myself as much time as needed to adapt to this new version of reality. To keep working my program, to let him work his.

The more whole I am, the better I will be able to deal with anything that comes in the future, including any possible relapses, whether this year or 25 years from now.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

positive energy to you and your husband. I understand how strange this feels for you.

truly, I do.