Intuition

Old 04-27-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intuition

Turned on the tv this morning and Joel Olstein was talking about following your intuition and listening to your inner voice. What a great message!
Old 04-27-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

. . . . unless you are a little, ummmm, crazy.

THEN listening and following those "voices" might not be such good idear.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've had to relearn that. After -- like Hammer said -- listening to voices that weren't my intuition for a loooong time.

No, I wasn't really hearing voices. I was just listening to the indoctrination of an alcoholic family situation. And that led me very wrong.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I still get a laugh from some of the conversations between AWtf and her "sponsor" (has not actually seen her in 3 years, but they chat and gossip on the phone -- whatever.)

Anyway, the sponsor is full of this type Glib Nonsense -- Go With Your Feelings! and such. Sponsor has NO comprehension that AWtf has Borderline, Emotional Dysregulation and what are basically Emotional Hallucinations due to Inherited Trait Hyperactive Amygdala Disorder -- and is an A just to balance things out.

So AWtf tries to "Go With Her Feelings!" and the World's Craziest Things come out. About like telling a Schizophrenic that he Really Is Superman -- and Can Fly From the 100 Story Rooftop . . . If He Just Believes! (btw that first step is a looonnnngggg one.)

THIS is probably WHY Jesus did not teach Glib Nonsense Pop Psychology.

Some of the TV-Fun-Land Preachers . . . they do not seem to have that limitation.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by involved View Post
Turned on the tv this morning and Joel Olstein was talking about following your intuition and listening to your inner voice. What a great message!
Hi,

If someone is healthy, then yes, listening to one's gut feelings is good in many situations. However, if someone is unhealthy/abused/dysfunctional/living w a "sick" person/etc...then that person's feelings might be "off" (not based in reality).

Also, if someone's inner voice tells them to murder people or steal or whatever thing is harmful to others, then that person needs not to listen to their inner voice.

I think those generic sayings have much to do with perspective and wellness.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jesus also did not teach prosperity theology.

As for instinct. Hmm. I have instinct which is a reflective voice who speaks with a chirp of warning from past experience. It can also give me a 'gut feeling' which I should follow. I feel like my instinct is accurate and worthwhile. But then I have a critical voice beating myself up that needs to shut the F up. Listening to the little rant rapper gets me into all sorts of issues.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey involved.

Sorry for crapping all over your thread.

My little voice pops up every now and then and says, yeah -- "but God still loves him" (me).

Good thing, huh?

God Loves You, too. And Thank You.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The show was on this morning and hopefully others in a different time zone caught it. He spoke about paying attention to that inner voice. He said that it is God talking to us. So if the inner voice tells you that someone or something is not good for you, dont blow it off. Or have you ever thought to yourself I should drive a different way to work and later found you avoided an accident. Or been in the check out line and that nagging little voice said to put it back...its not time to make that purchase yet...and you later got a better deal. How many times have you said to yourself "I knew I shouldnt/should have done something"

A lot of us have so much clutter in our heads, that we cant hear that little voice...what Joel calls God, you could call the universe or your sub concious, steering us to do something that is usually in our best interest! Asking for our higher power to show us the way and then not paying attention to the answers, prob happens quite a bit around here. We are quick to tell a SR friend to trust her gut when she is afraid her A is doing X,Y or Z...
Old 04-27-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Hey involved.

Sorry for crapping all over your thread.

My little voice pops up every now and then and says, yeah -- "but God still loves him" (me).

Good thing, huh?

God Loves You, too. And Thank You.
No worries Hammer... I guess we respond to these posts from wherever we are in our emotional lives at the moment.

Apology accepted. I forgive you.

Seems like a lot was read into such a short vague thread starter!
I seem to notice we give mixed messages when "intuition" is the subject...ranging from advice to "trust your gut"...to... "Fear is not fact"