On being powerless

Old 05-04-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
mo

Powerlessness

First so glad that SoberRecovery is here. My last visit was in 2009. I received so much help and support through the death of my daughter who was an addict. She died on 12/19/2004 and it was the hardest thing in the world I could have ever dealt with. But. .here I am now 2014. Another death . .my son died 2/17/2012 in a MVA he was intoxicated. He was only 31 and my world has never been the same. I have another son who is struggling with alcoholism and this is where I need support. I don't want to lose another child to this disease. So I am glad to be back and am asking for support. I pulled out the self help books . .again. .since I am in recovery and worked in the field I sometimes think I have all the answers yuck.. .I don't and am glad to be here. Blessings for all the sick suffering family members of alcoholics and addicts. Mo
Old 05-04-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

we are here for you Mo, with all the support you ask for.

my heart bleeds for you, Mo. I hope your son will pull out of this, and find recovery.

I am so sorry for your immeasurable loss. may today bring you some comfort and serenity.

hugs
chicory
Old 05-04-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
mo

Thank you for the kind welcome! Mo