A Little Plucky - Fear & Communication

Old 04-29-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Codejob,

That sounds like a great talk with your sponsor. Good luck talking with T. Are you telling him about your crush on him? I would be embarrassed so I am impressed if you are.

There are a couple sayings that come to mind reading your thread. They are:
1. You are not that powerful. (about controlling/making people do stuff)
2. The world doesn't revolve around you. (again, you don't control others. they will do stuff b/c of their issues)

I kept saying these things to myself whenever I felt that people did things based on my words/actions. I always had to remind myself of others free will and that whatever they did was a reflection of them, not me.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My only *advice* is try to be careful about being what you think your husband and son need you to be (sorry, I can't remember how old your son is, so maybe ignore that if he's on the younger side.) My own experience has taught me that if I am being the best version of myself FOR myself, then everyone else benefits residually, especially my husband and kids. I've been rushing around a lot less lately and suddenly my toddler has an easier time listening to me when I give her an instruction. Not rushing around makes me feel so much less stressed too.

I think it's so cool that you have a sponsor who is also a counselor! That's a pretty good 2 for 1 deal.