But my feelings are hurt...

Old 04-26-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

CodeJob, the entire point in driving a Prius is to achieve maximum fuel efficiency. There is a specific way the car is meant to be driven to achieve that efficiency which is increased by going a slower speed. There is a screen in the car that tells you exactly how many miles per gallon you're getting at any given point. Coasting downhill I get 99 mpgs, accelerating uphill I may only get 8 mpgs but I generally average 50 mpgs though, if I drive the Prius the way it's meant to be driven.

And thank you for the prayer. I was on the receiving end of a meltdown from my mom this morning. She does NOT like overt detachment.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I saw a bit of this movie on TV a few weeks ago. Did you see this one? I was cracking up over your car! Anyway, my car has that readout too. I love to coast too for that glorious 99 mpg.

Well as for your mum, of course she won't like he olde detachment on practice. Just watch the clip and let her stew.

https://answers.*****.com/question/i...9191028AAwbH4s
Old 04-27-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mattmathews View Post
I came across this insightful article and about people who have experienced the effects of an abusive childhood. More importantly, this article discusses the pressure we often face from family members, friends, spouses, therapists, (and even ourselves) to gloss things over and try to "forgive."
I blame Lifetime/Hallmark movies.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
I saw a bit of this movie on TV a few weeks ago. Did you see this one? I was cracking up over your car! Anyway, my car has that readout too. I love to coast too for that glorious 99 mpg.

Well as for your mum, of course she won't like he olde detachment on practice. Just watch the clip and let her stew.

https://answers.*****.com/question/i...9191028AAwbH4s
Stung,

If you drive your prius like that, you are a real badass!