Courage To Change 04/24/14

Old 04-24-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 04/24/14

When something isn’t working the way I think it should, I can think about the slogan, “Easy Does It.” Instead of redoubling my effort, I can slow down and reassess the situation. The answer I seek may be staring
me in the face, but sometimes I have to let go of what I’m doing before I can see it. I was trying to zip a removable lining back into my coat, but it wasn’t working. I pushed as hard as I could, trying to force it to slide, but it wouldn’t budge. Finally I saw that I had been trying to fit the lining’s zipper into the coat’s front zipper. No wonder I couldn’t make it work!
How many times in my life have I done the same thing: forced a solution? I’ve tried to “zip” myself to people and situations that didn’t “fit” me, becoming frustrated and disheartened in the process. But I’ve
learned that easy does it. I can take the time to see if I “match” what I think I want before I jump in and start “zipping.” My life is more serene because I’m not pushing to make myself fit somewhere I don’t belong.

Today’s Reminder

If my plans hit a snag today, I will step back for a moment and take a calm look at the situation before moving ahead.

“‘Easy Does It.’. . . Think about it when you’re in a hurry to do something and everything seems to go wrong . . . You’ll be surprised how much this one little idea can do for you.”
Youth and the Alcoholic Parent