I Am Proud Of My Codie Self!!!!

Old 07-01-2004, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Am Proud Of My Codie Self!!!!

:35: I did well tonight for a true codie trying to break free. i went to dinner at my aunt's house...by myself..my husband had a late business meeting and of course my A daughter would never consider going to eat at a relatives. i had a great time...I left without knowing what she was planning on doing. Did not tell her to call me and let me know...just said good-bye and left. Everyone tells me I need to get a life...well I have decided to become involved with family...by my choice i have never really had very much to do with that side of the family...my mother died when I was 16 and she was one of 10 children..the aunt I speak of did not know my mother well because she was the 8th out of the ten and my mother was grown and gone by the time my aunt could have really gotten to know her. She is the only aunt I have left...she has 2 daughters, 4 grandchildren, and an A son who is in jail now. So she can relate to me when I talk about problems. They love me as only family would and could...warts and all. Their house is big and noisy and fun to be in...there is a warmth and my aunt is a great cook!! Very bad for my diet. I have decided to start to lean on them if necessary and to become involved with them and their activities.. I couldn't think of anything else to do to get a life...And I think family is a good life. They help me forget about Mandy for a while and they make me laugh. When i got home about 9:00 my daughter was not here, her dad said she was going out to dinner. i used my willpower and did not call her. She called shortly after i got home to say she was on her way home in about 30 minutes...I did not ask where she was, who she was with, or all the inquisition questions I usually have. She paused as though waiting for the grilling. I simply said, I will see you when you get home. Of course she had to tell me everything when she got home..I told her that she was an adult and did not have to tell me anything...so she told me anyway. I listened in a neutral manner and came away feeling good about myself. One day at a time...one codie temptation at a time...that is what i shall try to do...sometimes I will mess up, but I will keep trying until i get it right. I hear that it takes a while...so I am prepared to be patient and try this a step at a time. Thanks for all your love and support...I will be back again when my next big emergency codie moment comes along...you are always so helpful in giving me resolve to do the right thing. Today was a good codie day. i love you all for your support.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Frannie, you may be on the fasttrack. LOL That is so GREAT! It's probably very unrecovered of me but I really enjoy thinking about the puzzled looks on their faces.

HUGS!
Old 07-01-2004, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Wonderful. WOW! way to go.

Now I should try some of that. My sister is a great cook *LOL*