Root Cause Analysis

Old 04-22-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

NWGrits, I admire you two both working on it! I'm riding out with contempt for night raids...
Old 04-22-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hammer, I think you've been looking at yourself as the root cause of your problems till you've been blue in the face.

I think you've worked the steps with the thoroughness one can expect from someone with your background.

It seems kind of like... you've scraped and repainted and scraped and repainted that house for years -- and you're finally coming to the conclusion that it might just be time to tear it down?

YES we are part of the problem. But we're not the ENTIRE problem. If you "fix" yourself and the problem remains -- then the problem is not you.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
NWGrits, I admire you two both working on it! I'm riding out with contempt for night raids...
My husband isn't my qualifier, thankfully. I don't do addiction, period. Btdt with the mom and don't have the desire to do it with anyone else. This is a much "easier" relationship to repair than one with an addict. Myself and my spouse are both thinking clearly!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
Now it looks more like: I need someone who is honest and open, shares my faith and my spirituality, respects my thoughts and feelings, who thinks I'm beautiful inside and out, and would go to the ends of the earth to be a godly husband for me, so long as I am a godly wife. Not want, but need. Big difference. If you don't have those things, you don't have anything.
FULLY Understand.

Been there, myself.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...appy-list.html

Happy List:
(where the map says I am heading)

To Love and Be Loved
Open and Truthful
Steady and Ordered
Gratitude

===============

Beginning to understand (as both the T and my Steps Sponsor have pointed out) . . . . that may not include Awtf.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 9111111 View Post

What means "more married than most married folks" ?
At least from MY side -- just totally devoted.

Silly me.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post

Is she trolling for a new partner with that lie? Hopefully you have a POA to get custody of your kids? She knows you value them. I hope your God Airlines has a direct flight to good outcome.
All reasonable assumptions.

Except the lawyer stuff.

Will not do that part online.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
I mean this with great care and respect...you chose her . . . .
ummm, see . . . ummm, that part. Have not done that story on here. I suppose I will sometime.

You really have to understand totally passive.

and you KEEP choosing her. Her issues are not your fault at all. You continuing the relationship is.
Patience. The Step Study goes a few more weeks.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Hammer, I think you've been looking at yourself as the root cause of your problems till you've been blue in the face.

I think you've worked the steps with the thoroughness one can expect from someone with your background.

It seems kind of like... you've scraped and repainted and scraped and repainted that house for years -- and you're finally coming to the conclusion that it might just be time to tear it down?

YES we are part of the problem. But we're not the ENTIRE problem. If you "fix" yourself and the problem remains -- then the problem is not you.
Kind of where things are heading.

While we should fully work OUR side of the street, we can ONLY work Our Side of the Street.