need help

Old 04-24-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Update: after a flurry of obnoxious phone calls on my break, calls to which I stayed silent after reaffirming that I'm not cheating, my husband showed up at my workplace and hit me. One good smack to the back of the head. I am pressing charges. Unfortunately he left the county. I work in county Blue and we live in county Green. Cops couldn't find him. He got our baby and drove some but they still couldn't find him. A cop from Green county went to our house to do a Breathalyzer.

If he failed, he'd be arrested and baby brought to me at Blue county police department. If he passed he kept baby and I'd have to wait till tomorrow for him to be jailed for the domestic violence charge.

He passed. I'm in a hotel room, without my kid, still in shock. I just cannot believe this. I just cannot believe this. My baby has been in my arms every night since he's been born. This just sucks. No one witnessed the violence and I'm just so tired. I want my kid.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

((((missboots))))

I'm so very sorry! This isn't right and you don't deserve any of this!! I'm saying prayers for you and your son. Breath deeply and call the DV hotline if you need someone to talk to. If you can find a way to give up your worries and sleep tonight, it's the best thing you can do for yourself and your son right now. Do you have a friend or family member who can be with you tomorrow for support? Reach out for help wherever you can. Maybe a volunteer from a local shelter would be of more help than anyone else right now?

1-800-799-7233

<edit> I missed that you weren't able to get through to the National Hotline last night. Do you have info on any shelters in your state? Even if they aren't nearby, they may have a hotline for you to talk to someone.

LoveMeNow posted more numbers here in case you need them at hand:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4602794
Old 04-24-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Missboots - I can't imagine what you are dealing with right now. I am always baffled at the lengths they go to gain control over us. This is abuse in its worst form. Praying the police catch up to him and lock him up where he needs to be. So sorry for what you are going through.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

That's horrible. I will pray for you and your baby. So sorry you are going through this.
You will rise from this trial stronger than before. You are stronger than your husband who cannot face life without mind-altering substances and must bully and abuse innocent women and children in order to feel like a man.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

It won't be long until the police will be following up on this tomorrow. Wishing you all the best, very very soon.

1. Are you hanging in there right now?
2. Do you have support or someone to talk to?
3. Do the police have a copy of the messages he sent?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry and so proud that you called the police.

Please update us - thinking about you.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thank you all! I'm at the court house, waiting to see if the warrant for his arrest and the protective order will get signed today or Monday. I called my inlaws and now know my baby is safe. Just gotta play the waiting game. ..
Old 04-25-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Glad things are a little more stable this morning. Hope things go in your direction.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Facing night two without my baby. The judge wasn't there to sign the warrant and after turning it over again and again in my mind and with God, I've decided to stay away from home. I don't trust my AH. Court is Monday. I'm catching up on sleep, staying organized, talking to family and friends, watching junk tv. Reading a lot of older posts on here. I appreciate all of the posts on this thread; this is an amazing site. Blessings to all in this kind of nightmare....
Old 04-25-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hugs Missboots. I know how hard it is. I spent a year in Iraq missing my baby and he was 4. He's 12 now. We both survived. You can do this. He's safe, and that's what matters. I think you're doing the right thing to stay away from your husband. Your baby is lucky to have a strong, healthy mom.
Is your baby with your inlaws or your husband? Just wondering. You're welcome to tell me to mind my business.
Hugs and strength to you.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
DMC

Please be VERY VERY careful! Violence often escalates dramatically in the 2 weeks around when you try to leave! And it sounds like he is escalating rapidly.

I hope you were able to contact your local shelter for some advice - they also often have court advocates who can help guide you through the court process and be there for you. Google is your friend, but also trust your instincts - you know him better than anyone, and if the little voice in your head is screaming *DANGER* you must stay hidden. For him to walk into your workplace and attack you makes me very worried for your safety. (I used to work at a DV shelter, and answered that hotline many, many times... and your story really raises the hairs on the back of my neck.)

Please keep us posted, and try any or all of the numbers listed earlier. There is a huge underground network and they are very good at what they do.

Hugs
Old 04-25-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just want you to know I'm another one here praying for you.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thinking about you and hope all is well.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hugs Miss Boots! Listen to your instincts.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Glad to hear your baby is safe . Thinking about you and sending prayers your way.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry for your situation. I pray for continued strength and wisdom for you, safety for you and your baby, and healing for your husband. Also praying that your baby is back safely in your arms soon.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. : ) Finally got through to my MIL today. My AH and alcoholic BIL were out with the baby. I told her I was not happy about that but she reassured me that they would not drink. She said my AH "knew the rules now." I said really! Really! Over night he stops getting drunk, lying, hitting his wife. I called again and got to hear my baby. AH keeps calling but I won't go back to that hell. I'm without my little boots (my nickname for baby) but I feel a chunk of relief already. Just need to hang on till Monday. ..
Old 04-27-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Getting nervous about court tomorrow! This is so hard. I've been begging my inlaws to bring my baby over to the hotel I'm staying at. They finally did today- I had ten whole minutes with my kid. It was better than nothing but ugh. They were in a hurry because they didn't want my AH to find out. I'm worried that it just won't go well. Need some encouragement please.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Breath deeply and pray. Write down the facts for tomorrow and try to let it go for the night. One step at a time on what you can control. Sleep would be good. Lay out your clothes for tomorrow and let sleep come tonight. If nothing else, it'll pass the time faster.

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the SERENITY to accept the things
I cannot change, COURAGE to change the things
I can and the WISDOM to know the difference

You cannot change your husband, but you are able to press charges. You and your son will find your way.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I just prayed for you and for your child. That God would lay his hand upon you and protect you. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow. Don't give up, and never lose faith.