The great pyramid

Old 04-11-2014, 10:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The great pyramid

imagine the great pyramid and the building blocks of its construction. at the top of this pyramid, place the face of your significant other, your new love interest, or any other relationship you are trying to form.

imagine further, that each building block has a title representing the traits you desire in that person: loving, honest, empathetic, compassionate, hard working, kind, gentle, strong, humorous, intelligent, witty, clever, nice looking, sexy, wise, spiritual, etc.

this is an example of how I have begun every new love interest I have ever tried to form. from the beginning of the relationship, the man began as "perfect". I was all in. he owned every one of my building blocks because I had given them all away to him. because he was "perfect".

no one can live up to all those expectations.

bit by bit, as I learned the character of my new love, I would yank out the blocks as he disappointed me. soon, I had a crumbling building site and broken heart, after broken heart.

because of the journey I have had with the alcoholic in my life, I was finally able to discover many truths about myself.

now, my relationship pyramid is built block by block, and only built as each block is EARNED. the playing field has finally been leveled for me and any new love interests begin with the face of my intended on the ground level, instead of the top of the pyramid.

through all the bitterness, anger, pain, hurt, tears, and heartbreak of the alcoholic relationship in my life.....this is one of the gifts that I earned.