Tomorrow is evaluation

Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is evaluation

Tomorrow is the day my fiance has the evaluation with his doctor and im so happy hopeful he will be honest about it all, the drinking, dui and the oxy . if not i told him I will speak up, its all coming out tomorrow one way or another. He calles the attorney and theres a chance the .03 over limit DUI might get recuced to reckless driving, then we still jave the pot charge hes not sure if it will be dismissed or misdemeanor posession? waiting is hard
Old 04-09-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's good that he has a lawyer. He/she will help him navigate the many laws of drunken driving. He barely blew over the limit. My husband once blew a .29 bac and the cops said it was the highest they've seen in many years. Wishing you and him the best outcome. Because the law rarely changes a alcoholics behaviors.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Let me correct you. HE has the pot charge, not YOU. You do not have to be in charge of his recovery. This is a lesson I learned the hard way.

I hope it all goes well.

God Bless.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

His dad helped find a good attorney, he does have this to face not me BUT it.impacts me and our son, so I am getting involved. He has a court date next week and.we will find out more becore then maybe a plea agreement? I wish I already knew what this doctor will recommend, we've all been looking at options mostly Im worried about the oxy and his staying off it for good. i think hes been off about a week now. but not sure its even 100%
Old 04-09-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarrieBear View Post
His dad helped find a good attorney, he does have this to face not me BUT it.impacts me and our son, so I am getting involved. He has a court date next week and.we will find out more becore then maybe a plea agreement? I wish I already knew what this doctor will recommend, we've all been looking at options mostly Im worried about the oxy and his staying off it for good. i think hes been off about a week now. but not sure its even 100%
The more you and his dad are involved in trying to help him and give him a soft landing and protect him from his consequences, the less incentive he will have to clean up his act.
Are there steps you can take for yourself to minimize the impact this has on you and your son?
Have you been to Alanon? That's a good place to learn how to separate your responsibilities from his. Take care.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Having a good attorney should help. You don't need to worry about his charges. My husbands first dui was just a small fine and 30 day license suspension.