Road Trip Debrief

Old 04-08-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Road Trip Debrief

Friends, my little guy was so good in the car during our road trip. He had his moments, of course, but all in all, he did better on the long drives than I could have imagined. It was wonderful to see so many people I care about (and who care about me). I struggled with some things, and my AH had a meltdown on Sunday after little guy had a total nuclear temper tantrum. It upset me a lot, and in that moment I felt like if I had my own vehicle and gas money to get home, I would have left right then and there. But...I also know how easy it is to think those things when one DOESN'T have one's own vehicle or gas money to get home. In any event, I was upset but I didn't let it spoil the weekend at all. My son and I arrived home yesterday evening, and had the usual flurry of laundry/mail sorting/pet loving (my neighbors watched my sweet dog while we were gone). Today it's back to the usual at work (for me) and day care (for him).

Thanks to all for your wonderful tips, and your good wishes. I'm very glad we went!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you went and had a nice time! And hats off to you to not let that situation ruin your time!