It's a done deal

Old 04-07-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's a done deal

Well I finally got the last of my things from the apartment. My dad and I went with a trailer a couple Fridays ago to get my bed and dresser. I had planned on going Thursday to get the last of the little things I could fit in my car, but I arrived to find my ABF drunk. I had driven 30 minutes to get there in the snow, and turned around and left. It then took me 2 hours to go the 46 miles back to my dad's. My ABF started calling me repeatedly, but I didn't answer. He texted, saying he was going to put my bed out in the yard with a free sign on it. Then he said someone was going to come pick it up. (freecycle.com) I called him after I got home, and confirmed that none of this was true. He had forgotten that I was coming over, and was upset when I found him drinking. He said he had been sober for 10 days, and wasn't drunk....he hadn't drank since 9:00am.

So I'm still here. I've got all my stuff, and my cat, and I couldn't be happier. I still have some things to get in order, but I think I'm on the right track.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by worriedmind View Post

He texted, saying he was going to put my bed out in the yard with a free sign on it.
hopefully some day he will wake up and truly be sober
but as they say
that's between him and God (God with a capital G)

good luck with your life

best when choosing the next one
(being very careful)
not to end up with a drunk or addict

MM
Old 04-07-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by worriedmind View Post
So I'm still here. I've got all my stuff, and my cat, and I couldn't be happier. I still have some things to get in order, but I think I'm on the right track.
Worriedmind, I think you're on the right track too! Good job on not engaging w/him, either in person while you were there or electronically w/the texts. Sorry you had such awful weather and had to spend so much time on the road.

Wishing you continued strength and clarity, and a whole lot of great, great days coming up!