So betrayal is the feeling now...

Old 04-04-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So betrayal is the feeling now...

Hi everybody,
Is it ok to feel betrayed here? He hurts my feelings, lied to me & let booze be his girlfriend. It sucks because I feel like I couldn't compete from the get go, at least once I knew the drugs & booze were first. Is this normal?
Old 04-04-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Yeah, and keep in mind that feelings are . . . just feelings . . . BUT like the cards life deals you, how you play them is up to you.

You understand that the "Win and Lose" is in the how the cards are played -- less than in how they are dealt?

So you feel betrayed. Ok. Is that normal in this realm? Yes, absolutely.

As well as:

Used.
Abused.
Manipulated.
on and on.

So listen to those feelings.

What do they tell you? Like dashboard warning lights -- there is a problem.

Next thing to do? Get some distance from the source of that problem.

Welcome to Detachment. Advance one square on the Game Board.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bernadette! Beam me up! I need to put on my detachment helmet! Thankfully my hair mostly fits....
Old 04-04-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hammer!

Thank you - Roger, copy that! I feel better with my one step up. Detachment feels nice here. I thank you for how you responded. never thought I'd hit detachment. So even if there is a new chick, which I doubt because he is so selfish, but if she likes to drink & use with him ... Go right ahead. Water seeks its own level. Right? Right- So thanks Hammer for the truth! Have a blessed & peaceful night. Bernadette 777
Old 04-04-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
Bernadette! Beam me up! I need to put on my detachment helmet! Thankfully my hair mostly fits....
Thanks CodeJob,

Feels good this detachment I'm tired of being tired of him & soon enough any memories of it. But now I think of memories when they come to mind but with the thought of was he high or drunk then?? Nice, huh??
Be blessed,
Bernadette. 777
Old 04-05-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hammer,

The detachment feels like a relief- is this alright to feel! The other day at work, coworkers (we are government workers) we were talking about if a DUI happened- We would all be done. I thought of my exAbf, he doesn't work for gov, but still he would be done to- that's when I realized how grateful I am to get out while I did all by God's awesome & loving grace. I like this detachment. It doesn't feel forced, it feels healthy. Am I doing good here? Or is this a phase? I really feel relieved the exAbf isn't around with his booze & drugs drama.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello Bernadette! Well I do well like you describe, then I have to wash my hair Or go swimming so then I take my detachment helmet off. I might be fine and decide to let my hair air dry, especially on my off days. I might forget my helmet at church. I mean it is church. But once I Got slammed with some sort of trigger at the grocery store immediately after church and I seethed all the way home bc I had forgotten my detachment helmet.

Oh and my helmet has a gross mouth guard too. I mouth off a wee bit too much and with some foul F-bombs to boot. So if I jam that mouth guard in, I can't tell RAH what I think. As for my eyes, well I still roll them. 95% of the time he is so worked up about whatever irritant that he misses my eye roll to DS who usually cracks up. I am sarcastic and irreverent. This is on the same line of my step 4 flaws sheet. I'm not too sorry about that flaw. It is a release for me. When you live with RAH you need a few bad habits.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you CodeJob,

I appreciate your wit. I understand what your saying. My warrior gear is over my heart. The helmet of salvation & armor is on. When a song comes on the radio... That reminds me of exAbf - I will hit the orb of pain out of the park. Swing batter swing! Have a blessed day!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great strategy Bernadette!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you CodeJob!

Have a great day