The Road to Happiness

Old 04-04-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Road to Happiness

We all share and support each other through the difficulties we have. I'm so grateful to have found this forum with so many good people. I looked a little at the forums that addicts use here on this site. They have a constant running thread for the things in life they are grateful for. Do you think it would be a good idea for us to have a thread like that where we could post our positive steps? Just to remind all of us that there is a happy world out there and we can get past difficult times.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can I be your first post? I deliver for a bakery and start work at 3 AM. I am really, really enjoying the sound of birds singing rather than snowblowers roaring when I start work these days! I love the luminous blue of the sky just before sunrise, and the black silhouettes of the trees. It's especially nice when there's a moon. I've always been an early morning kind of gal, and it is absolutely my favorite time of day.

It's about my bedtime now, but I'm looking forward to my route, the quiet early AM and those singing birds...
Old 04-05-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, I don't mean to be rude and take the second post, also, but I do want to bump this back up for others to contribute, so here goes:

Today I saw a poster at work about this event: Victory Garden Initiative - Victory Garden Blitz

I called, got more info, and am going to see if my workplace can field at least one team for the garden bed-building blitz. It would be great if we could, but even if no one else is interested, I am going to volunteer for a day! Sounds like a good cause and a fun thing, plus a way to meet and work with people who are trying to do good and useful things.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am singing again.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Clean since 1/11/14

I went to the beach today with my son. We had so much fun. First beach trip of the year
Old 04-05-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Spiderqueen, this tone-deaf, tin-eared can't-carry-a-tune-in-a-bucket gal is GREEN w/envy of you for that gift of song! Good for you for using it!

Trailsky, the beach sounds so wonderful to me, who has been struggling thru an interminable winter--I will use that image of warm sand and gently lapping waves to lull myself to sleep tonight....
Old 04-05-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for my running buddy. We talked about so much today and she helped me have one more day of patience. 10K, done!

My H wanted to go see a movie and I said I want to watch basketball. So I recused myself so they can have a boys night. I am sitting here and have the house to myself and watch U Conn have a run!

My plantar fasciitis is doing better. I have one more month to baby it. Boot, orthotics, sleeve... Work that sexy look!
Old 04-05-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
Today I am grateful for my running buddy. We talked about so much today and she helped me have one more day of patience. 10K, done!

My H wanted to go see a movie and I said I want to watch basketball. So I recused myself so they can have a boys night. I am sitting here and have the house to myself and watch U Conn have a run!

My plantar fasciitis is doing better. I have one more month to baby it. Boot, orthotics, sleeve... Work that sexy look!
"My plantar fasciitis is doing better. I have one more month to baby it. Boot, orthotics, sleeve... Work that sexy look! [/QUOTE]"

1 more month wow that is awesome!!

I would love to say I have 1 month. Mine have there own schedule its been several months argghhh
Old 04-05-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Pia

Lets see back to positive experiences hummmm

I love the peace in my house and in my mind. I never truly noticed it until the other day.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

today has been a Perfect According to Anvil kind of day....hank and I schlepping about in pj's - been rainy drizzly all day - took a nice nap - watched TWO movies - caught the tail end of the Mariners game -and are now watching the Final Four. I believe this borders on SLOTH but it's a sin I can live with!!!