I have a summer job. :)

Old 04-03-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have a summer job. :)

I was supposed to call about my summer job a couple of weeks ago. The schedule isn't as full as I was hoping for and I was trying to figure out what to do - ask for certain hours or ?? I had committed verbally with one person, but needed to contact the owner. She contacted me today with an offer of a set salary for three months. I'm so happy and relieved!

I worked for them last summer and really liked it, though I had half the hours I had originally thought I would be getting and sometimes felt like I wasn't good enough. I'm a personal cook, it's a very good environment, and this year I won't take it so hard if things don't go quite right. I'm also gaining back my confidence so it's more likely things will go right to begin with!

Yes, I've been working my program. Things are changing inside me and now I am ready to embrace life again. Just a month ago, I didn't know if I could even manage to do this job this year. I am so thankful for where I mentally and spiritually am today.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

very cool! Personal Chef....nice!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

*grin*

I'm not at the 'chef' level, but I'm a decent cook. I finally conceded to the fact that I don't have to do everything. I can't have contact with wheat flour, but they're okay with buying certain things premade and I'm finally okay with that too. We get along well and they like my cooking on top of that! One family member has celiac disease, so I'm very good in that regard. I'm stoked about knowing I have a paycheck for a few months without worrying what my hours are adding up to (or not). I might have made a little more on hourly, but that was such an unknown that I'm very appreciative of having a set salary. I'm even happier about knowing that I can do the job well. I'm finding my confidence and it had been missing for a very long time.

A while ago there was a thread to post something good about yourself. I couldn't do it. I honestly couldn't think of one good thing to say about myself and that was a brutal fact to realize.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So many thanks for everyone here for the encouragement, support and nudges to work my recovery and helping me do so!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That sounds like a great job -- and I'm so glad you're gaining your confidence back!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepingthefaith View Post
yes, i've been working my program. Things are changing inside me and now i am ready to embrace life again. Just a month ago, i didn't know if i could even manage to do this job this year. I am so thankful for where i mentally and spiritually am today.
ya hoooooo!!!!

Great, great stuff, keepingthefaith!