How do I feel now?

Old 06-19-2002, 03:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post How do I feel now?

Hey all! I hope this beautiful day finds each of you peaceful. I, of course, am struggling. But, not like Sunday. I have had some terrible anxiety attacks recently, and found an herbal remedy that may be doing the trick. My phyician ok'd it. Although, he did admit he would like to have put me on anti-anxiety drugs. But, he gave me a 10 wait to see how this works first. Say a prayer for me if you don't mind as I really do not want to take conventional medicines.

Saw my Dad, who is my A, today. I really pity him. I am angry at him and so very disgusted, but he's my father and I can't help feeling a bit sorry for him. Just not sorry enough to help him with his habit. He actually offered to pay me $20 to come visit him. I laughed. He really thought it was the lack of funds keeping me from seeing him! What truly keeps me from seeing him is the fact that he is drunk all of the time now. His blood count must be unbelievable. He, again, has scrapes and cuts, and a black eye from falling all the time. The bathrooom was covered in smeared blood from falling in the doorway. It is so sad. However, he has chosen not to help himself. And I have tried to refrain from any comments on his behavior, except when he asks "why he feels so bad". He is in denial when it comes to his addiction. I pray that he comes to his senses and admits a problem. Before it is too late.

Thanks for letting me vent everyone. I pray that you have a calm day tomorrow. God go with you.
Lolly
Old 06-19-2002, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile

((((lolly))))
((((lolly))))
(((lolly)))))

Love,
Smoke
Old 06-19-2002, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lolly

Good to see you back. I hope your herbal remedy helps you. I think almost everyone here has suffered from anxiety attacks or worse, and at least it gets our attention that something is wrong in our lives.

I think the way you handle your dad's situation is admirable and maybe, someday, he will decide to help himself. We can only pray.