a laugh amid frustration

Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a laugh amid frustration

So, xAH STILL has the right to drive the kids to school each morning... Got to LOVE the wheels of justice...

Anyway, there is no set time ordered by the judge so I am at his mercy most days as to whether he shows up on time.

Usually I leave when I need to if he hasn't come and drop the kids with my girlfriend and that's that. Technically it puts me in contempt but I am not going to be late to work sitting to wait for his drunk a$$ to show up...

In the interest of covering my own a$$ I did text him last night to inform him I had an early meeting (which is on our shared google calendar too) and said if it was too early for him to get the kids I would just drop them a my friends.

His reply (drunk no doubt-- the spelling is all him):

"im afraid my therapist is right abot u"

I of course didn't reply.

5 min later

"ur so pathetic 2 wait 4 me I must be giving u false hope of reviving our relationship"

The grammar and the content are both stunning, no?! LOL!

Then

"no man will ever want you. ur pathetic, alone, almost 42 lolololololololol"

Again no reply from me but I shared the texts w my best friend who knows him and we both had a good laugh...

5 min later

"u have any idea how many bitches I have turned down so I don't hurt ur feelings. F u WTBH" (but instead of my name he called me a nickname I despise)

Then

"ur a lonely saggy smelly school marm"

I replied then and said "I'll drop the girls at X's (friend) tomorrow. Have a good night".

Then I blocked him (best invention on iOS ever is the ability to temporarily block someone!)

Anyway, thought you'd all get a good laugh too out of that one...

What in his right mind would make him think I want the relationship to be revived????? Good god!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you. He is trying to bait you.

I like his alliteration in the last insult.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Excuse me for this but..... I'd like to pin this jerk to the ground and tattoo a very large L on his forehead!

Keep your chin up as you have DEFINITELY made the right decision.

Move Forward>>> with Confidence and DETERMINATION!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I used to actually get upset with his insults-- that's when he was in my face saying them... Seeing them on my phone are just totally pathetic and make me laugh more than anything... I do feel some pity for him that he is so ill but not enough to spend more than an iota worrying about it....

Lol at the alliteration! Hadn't even noticed that!

What I do find stunning is that this was all in response to my asking about our kids... Clearly that's the last time I will extend the courtesy of communicating early morning plans.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I used to actually get upset with his insults-- that's when he was in my face saying them... Seeing them on my phone are just totally pathetic and make me laugh more than anything... I do feel some pity for him that he is so ill but not enough to spend more than an iota worrying about it....

Lol at the alliteration! Hadn't even noticed that!

What I do find stunning is that this was all in response to my asking about our kids... Clearly that's the last time I will extend the courtesy of communicating early morning plans.
Those are like school boy insults. They are immature and silly. Hard to take those to heart. I am glad you see what the rest of us see. He does seem pathetic.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Totally school boy ish... He's 39 years old and more and more immature and pathetic by the minute...

Sad to see someone who used to have a lot going for him turn into what he has become...

And I am actually grateful that his drinking has taken on such a priority role in his life that his time with our kids is severely limited by his own choosing (and sure to be even more limited once the DCYF investigation is done)...
Old 03-31-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

His immaturity and seething resentment are on full display.

What a charmer! Your loss, WTBH!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To truly witness the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide all in the span of pretty much a 10 minutes conversation he had with himself, is sad but yes laughter is our best medicine!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Every time I read another thread with insults from someone's XA, I am literally amazed. It seems they are ALL the very same man.

We should just drop them all together in a giant vat of vodka and let them drown.

Their brains are completely fermented. Totally amazing.

I'm not sure if the OBVIOUS attempt at manipulation or the horrendous grammar is more entertaining. Good girl for laughing your butt off! It really is funny when you realize how pathetic they are in their disease.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzyrose05 View Post
Every time I read another thread with insults from someone's XA, I am literally amazed. It seems they are ALL the very same man.

We should just drop them all together in a giant vat of vodka and let them drown.

Their brains are completely fermented. Totally amazing.

I'm not sure if the OBVIOUS attempt at manipulation or the horrendous grammar is more entertaining. Good girl for laughing your butt off! It really is funny when you realize how pathetic they are in their disease.
Would they be edible at that point?
Perhaps some sort of twisted art installation. . .

Give me some time to work on possible marketable products from this--
Old 03-31-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You know, maybe it's just me, but the texting shorthand makes it so much more pathetic. Not even my 6th grader texts like that.

Yes, I can see why he would believe you are DYING to get back together with him. He seems quite the catch! *rolling my eyes*

Good for you for laughing at it.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post

You know, maybe it's just me, but the texting shorthand makes it so much more pathetic. Not even my 6th grader texts like that.

Yes, I can see why he would believe you are DYING to get back together with him. He seems quite the catch! *rolling my eyes*

Good for you for laughing at it.
TOTALLY! I'm a bit of a grammar nazi as it is so a grown man using text lingo like a child just makes his messages 100x more pathetic!

Maybe I should offer (just kidding!) to write him a match.com profile...

30 something single white male seeking a woman with no self esteem or backbone since my ex wife finally developed both much to my chagrin so I'm in need of a new host for my parasitic self to attach to ... I'm often incoherent (but I think I'm FUN & you will too unless you're a dull boring woman like my ex). You'll never have to wonder what to do with your money because I'll help you spend it recklessly. I'm overweight & red faced with a distinct whiskey & tobacco masked by mint gum odor (hot don't you think?). I've deconstructed the archaic notion of "honesty" & redefined it to better suit my lifestyle. Get to know me & I'll tell you all about it.

Quite a catch no?
Old 03-31-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

What a piece of work....

L
Old 03-31-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I would work in "saggy smelly school marm" somewhere in the profile.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Clean since 1/11/14

Maybe I should offer (just kidding!) to write him a match.com profile...

30 something single white male seeking a woman with no self esteem or backbone since my ex wife finally developed both much to my chagrin so I'm in need of a new host for my parasitic self to attach to ... I'm often incoherent (but I think I'm FUN & you will too unless you're a dull boring woman like my ex). You'll never have to wonder what to do with your money because I'll help you spend it recklessly. I'm overweight & red faced with a distinct whiskey & tobacco masked by mint gum odor (hot don't you think?). I've deconstructed the archaic notion of "honesty" & redefined it to better suit my lifestyle. Get to know me & I'll tell you all about it.

Quite a catch no?
Old 03-31-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

He is a ba$tard, that is all.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

WTBH, you are freaking KILLING me! This is just hilarious! I'm about to suffer an attack of incontinence from laughing so F'ing hard! Great, great work...
Old 03-31-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

"If Match Profiles Were Honest"....
I'm a bit of a grammar nazi as it is so a grown man using text lingo like a child just makes his messages 100x more pathetic!
Awww... I knew I liked you! :lol (I once broke up with a guy because he couldn't spell. For real.)
Old 03-31-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I've deconstructed the archaic notion of "honesty" & redefined it to better suit my lifestyle.

^^^ I particularly enjoyed this gem. Perfectly captures the air of pompous arrogance. It can sound impressive and intimidating until you recognize it as pretentious meaningless quackery.

Oh my goodness, WTBH! I'm glad that you are not internalizing this abuse, but geez! You do deserve a break from him!

I think you are amazing!

Fathom
Old 03-31-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

WTBH (((hugs)))

I'm glad it made you smile, instead of having the lost ramblings tear you down.

He is in a very sad place and true to the disease. It's too bad that so many of us can relate to where you are and laugh at this also. It may seem like hurtful or twisted humor to those who don't know what's behind it. He's chosen many times to hurt you greatly and is still trying. It's good to see you staying strong and knowing you're okay.