Moving on after "Moving On"

Old 03-30-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moving on after "Moving On"

A month ago Friday I moved into my own place, away from my qualifier. My "Craft Room" ended up being more of a "storage" room where boxes went that I wasn't ready to go through. I had spent a good portion of the last month just learning how to "be by myself" for the first time in a very long time.

Saturday I had joined the chat room here and debated on whether to paint my living room or not. It was such a nasty brown color and I picked out a more lively "lavender" color that I wanted to paint it. I even flipped a coin and it was decided - I wasn't painting. I kept saying, "I know I'll feel better once it's painted..." but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I picked my best friend up and went to the store to buy paint and a couple of supplies for when I was ready.

When we got back to my apartment, we agreed that we'd just start masking things off, and paint the next day. Once everything was taped off he began trimming things out and I picked up a brush and started on the opposite side of the room. By the time I was finished trimming my side out (4 windows) he had started rolling the walls...and then I just went back and did the touch up.

All in all...the entire room was painted before my brain even caught up with what we were doing! The color went on COMPLETELY wrong (think cotton candy purple) and we had a huge chuckle over it. He kept saying that we could always paint it a different color and I looked him dead in the eye and replied, "My HP must want it that way!" He paused for a sec and I said, "Even if the color isn't what I thought I wanted, every time I see it I'll laugh - so that's what color it's supposed to be!"

When it dried it was EXACTLY the shade I wanted, even if it isn't the color I picked out. I smiled the whole night...today I finally sorted through the boxes in the craft room and put everything away. For a month I've been wandering around this place in disbelief that it was really "mine". After painting that room, I realized it IS mine, and I'm settling in for the long haul. I am making the committment to MYSELF, because I deserve it.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And THAT's THE WAY it's DONE!! BRAVO Mellybug!! I am inspired by you tonight! Thank you for reinforcing my journey!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clean since 1/11/14

Wow what a great story. You are so awesome!! Enjoy your new space.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you! It sounds like you are doing really well. Enjoy
Old 03-30-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats Mellbug! All the best to you have a blessed evening.