SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT - Please keep him in your prayers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/326993-ot-please-keep-him-your-prayers.html)

theuncertainty 03-25-2014 11:28 AM

OT - Please keep him in your prayers

Earlier this winter, a friend that I work with discovered he has cancer. They've been doing treatment. It had responded well. He's scheduled to leave state to get a bone marrow transplant, it was supposed to be the final step in his treatment program. They just shared that they've found out that the cancer has metastasized and has hit his liver. The doctors aren't optimistic about the outlook.

He is one of the most wonderful people I've ever met. He would literally give the shirt off his back to help a friend. He volunteered to help a friend who was having problems with their property and neighbor - he surveyed the property to help settle a boundary dispute. He's often just shown up to help when he's heard other friends had major projects around the house: repairs, painting, moving. He gave me a slew of extra weather-proofing stuff when he heard how drafty my place was. He has a beautiful wife and 2 sweet kids, one the same age as my DS and one in pre-school.

To say I'm floored doesn't even cover it. I can't even imagine how they're dealing with this news. If you could keep him and his family in your prayers...
:worried:

lillamy 03-25-2014 11:41 AM

Praying. :(

FireSprite 03-25-2014 11:57 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this, he & his family are in my prayers!!

fedup3 03-25-2014 12:58 PM

I will be praying for all of them.

LightInside 03-25-2014 04:04 PM

Praying. <3

Stung 03-25-2014 04:15 PM

Prayers for him and his family. :(

Impurrfect 03-25-2014 05:43 PM

I'm so sorry for this latest diagnosis, but am sending prayers to you, him, and all who love him.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

theuncertainty 04-06-2014 01:46 PM

My friend passed away yesterday. Please keep his young family in your prayers.

redatlanta 04-06-2014 01:47 PM

Prayers - my mom diagnosed with bone marrow cancer in Feb I know what you (he and transplant) are going through.

suki44883 04-06-2014 01:50 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers going out to his family and all who loved him.

HealingWillCome 04-06-2014 02:54 PM

Oh no. I am so sorry. Sending prayers.

FireSprite 04-06-2014 03:21 PM

I am so sorry; sending continued prayers.

chicory 04-06-2014 03:26 PM

My heart breaks for them. They will be in my prayers. I am so very sorry.

Seren 04-06-2014 03:32 PM

What a devastating loss! I'm so very sorry. This young family will be in my prayers.

CodeJob 04-06-2014 03:38 PM

This is sad news. Some really wonderful people leave here way too soon. So sorry.

LightInside 04-06-2014 11:59 PM

Praying. <3

amy55 04-07-2014 12:12 AM

I am so sorry. I don't even know how to express this. Just know that his being her made an impact on many people and his life will never be forgotten. Prays and hugs to his family, children, and also to you.

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

LadyinBC 04-07-2014 12:44 AM

I am so sorry to hear this. Keeping you, him and his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

theuncertainty 04-07-2014 01:15 PM

Thank you, guys. It's been a rough day so far; the first day back at work knowing he won't be back to the next office any more. That I won't have him to help make coming to work a bit easier. I also found out that he and his wife had sent a note to family and co-workers/friends asking them to come by on Friday to say goodbye. They'd sent it to our boss, trusting her to relay it on to his friends in our office. Only.she.didn't. I'm so hurt and so mad. And I miss my friend. And I can't even imagine how his wife and kids are holding together...

ladyscribbler 04-07-2014 01:25 PM

You might check with your local hospice to see if they offer grief counseling or support groups for the wife and kids. My ex husband passed away from cancer last July and ds12 has been in their grief mentor program since October. It's a free resource and has done him a lot of good.
That was really crappy of your boss to drop the ball that way. Sorry you guys didn't get a chance to say goodbye.
Prayers to you and your friend's family.