It's about me.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pia

It's about me.

Last night I was at home watching a movie and just relaxing it was about 8ish. I was so exhausted mentally and physically from my week I had no energy .
Legal mate comes over unannounced opens the door and the chaos begins. The dogs are jumping and anxiety in the house begins.
He begins to start asking me if I'm over him?
He's been thinking and wanting to know what I want to do?
Am I seeing anyone ?
Wants to know what I have been doing
Why am I not answering his calls or text messages and he can tell I have gotten stronger
. . . all these questions in about 2 minutes. I didn't answer anything
I looked at him and told him " Look I am tired and watching a movie minding my own business and you want to back me into a corner with this questions"
His whole demeanor changes and he apologizes. I looked at him and told him I want to finish watching my movie.
I couldn't believe I had so much control over me and what I wanted to do in a situation like this.
I stopped and chose not to answer his questions. I chose to finish watching the movie I just bought.
Legal Mate sat there and sulked. Then afterwards I told him I was tired and going to bed and thank you for coming over be careful driving home. He tried to act like he was falling asleep. I told him he better go home before he gets even more tired.
Wow. . I woke up this morning feeling strong and happy that I can see it's not about him it's about me.
Thank you for listening.

PS. I wanted to also add its amazing to look back and think how much years I spent trying to save this dead marriage and all the shame and guilt I went through just to end up with the same results with an addict
Old 03-23-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shine on Radiant,

Your personal journey of healing is looking fantastic on YOU!
Old 03-23-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, Radiant, you handled yourself so well in that situation! Congratulations on your amazing growth, and best wishes as you continue to move ahead.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job maintaining your own serenity in spite of his attempt to inject a little chaos into your evening
Old 03-23-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You handled a very charged situation really well, Radiant!

It kind of alarms me though that he was just able to barge in unannounced. Have you thought about changing the locks, etc.?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hooray for you Radiant! I'm inspired.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
You handled a very charged situation really well, Radiant!

It kind of alarms me though that he was just able to barge in unannounced. Have you thought about changing the locks, etc.?
I hadn't thought about it till last night. I will take care of it this week. thanks for the reminder.

I recognized about myself that I seem to blow things off even if there are alarms going on in my head. I am having a hard time with it.

It's hard for me to pat myself on the back when I feel strong and then the next second feel horrible for feeling strong. I have to remind myself it's ok I have the right to be happy and make decisions.

I am so use to knowing if I am happy not to get to happy because he will quickly make it stop.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Wow, Radiant, you handled yourself so well in that situation! Congratulations on your amazing growth, and best wishes as you continue to move ahead.
Thank you Honeypig- The old me would of just answered and the arguing begins but decided not to. I simply didn't care he wanted to talk. I talked for years and it got me no where.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by Recovering2 View Post
Great job maintaining your own serenity in spite of his attempt to inject a little chaos into your evening
It simply amazes me that I use to want him to come home and now I don't want him to mess up my clean house lol.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
It simply amazes me that I use to want him to come home and now I don't want him to mess up my clean house lol.
Hahahahahaha! I love that. A true sign of healing.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Pia

Healingwillcome- I love your signature. "Sometimes you don't feel the weight of something you've been carrying until you feel the weight of its release"
Old 03-23-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good job. Thanks for the post.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You've really been doing so well Radiant

Get those locks changed ASAP

How do you like the new job? Does AH know about it yet?
Old 03-23-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Bravo!! Good for you! Thank you for sharing your great progress!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
Healingwillcome- I love your signature. "Sometimes you don't feel the weight of something you've been carrying until you feel the weight of its release"
Thank you...I wish I knew who to give credit for that one. It was something I saw on Pinterest with no named author.

It fit me to a tee and made me think of those here who helped me learn how to let go.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You are an inspiration to me - gives me hope. Wishing you the peace you/we all deserve. God Bless.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
You've really been doing so well Radiant

Get those locks changed ASAP

How do you like the new job? Does AH know about it yet?
Hi Hawkeye- I tried to change one and it wont close right now arghhh I am not good at stuff like this. I will figure it out.

No I haven't said anything to him since I was going no contact.

Job is another story now. It was good the first 2 weeks now I don't know. But am thankful I have a job.

Just quickly my boss is a RAH that curses everyone out and is very unpredictable. He actually looks like my AH just older
Its a very hostile environment so I am looking for another job. Its sad when the employees want the boss to die and have told you.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You will find something better work-wise soon and also get more and more handy around the house--don't worry

The important thing is that you are choosing the terms of your own life now and that makes us all happy!
Old 03-25-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
You will find something better work-wise soon and also get more and more handy around the house--don't worry

The important thing is that you are choosing the terms of your own life now and that makes us all happy!
Had I not been learning so much about myself and not feeling so selfish. I am learning to choose life on my own terms now. I am very appreciative of that.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Truly an inspiring share! Thank you!