Progress not Perfection

Old 03-20-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Progress not Perfection

My HP has had the first two NCAA games be upsets. I do not like RED on my bracket. Adios OSU and Cincinnati....
Old 03-20-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

so it's HP's fault....not the teams YOU picked, right? LOL

i get way too attached to my bracket so i gave myself a break this year.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hmm...looks like the "buy several light sabers so we can have a huge battle" bracket might not win the prize at Praying's house. Too bad, that might be my favorite, especially with my newfound anger. Though it's definitely not the least expensive, so I should count my blessings!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Come on Billikens!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Having a riot! Love all the upsets! Anvilhead, I have problems with doing too much research and being overwhelmed by too many choices - so I fill out the bracket in about 15 minutes max. I force myself to do it against my usual nature. I hardly watch any games during the season, so I pick just for fun. I looked at one stat assessment though and we agreed on FL going all the way, so we shall see!

Praying, I used to have sword fights and light saber dramas. In fact I think I broke our light saber prodding someone....tomorrow I am off with DS to be a tourist so I won't watch any games until the evening.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just some incredible games on today! Lost on Wichita State, but wow what a game! Now Iowa St just pulled off a 2 point win too! I realized I forgot Louisville won the whole thing last year when I filled out my bracket. Oops.

Yesterday the general plan was for my H to hook up with us at a local bar/restaurant from the event I was taking DS and a friend and he would meet us after work / church. Work ran late so he just went home. I was with two kids at a neighborhood bar. Got to find out my H's bracket pretty well shot. Got to catch end of the MI game. Solo. Had not had a beer since 12/28 so had a bottled beer. When I got home I caught some of WI-OR. The Ducks were just hitting 3's like crazy. I was unsure WI would win.

H was watching the US version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was well done and the way violence towards women is handled as a theme across all of the published series is very commendable though hard to read. My H told me AGAIN why he dislikes basketball then complained I wanted to flip between WI game and the movie. Um we saw it at the theater.. "I can only concentrate on one thing at a time ." Ummm not true whatsoever football flipper. So once again I stuck to my non Codie self and sat here watching basketball primarily and he switched to other TV. I fell asleep.

Today before church we were talking about the day and he brought it up again, "I know you want to watch basketball..." yes. Once a year I work in some basketball for a three week period. News flash: my decimated bracket is just one sign that I am trying to be authentically me. RAH is no longer my center. Must be a real bummer. I suppose since he used to drink he did not realize I had detached. Watching March madness I only started a year ago.

Best news ever - house guests! Which means I seriously have to clean like a demon. But One of them is a huge basketball fan! A buddy to watch hoop with! Yay!
Old 03-23-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I dont think it is any big deal to watch separate shows on tv in different rooms. we all have different interests. i will never watch family guy or the other adult cartoon shows with my bf. he will never watch reality tv or downton abbey with me. no problem.