Courage To Change 03/20/14

Old 03-20-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 03/20/14

One of the topics in our Fourth Step guide, the Blueprint for Progress, is self-worth. As I work through this Step, taking a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself, I found that I have always judged my value on the basis of my accomplishments, or on what other people said about me. This meant I had to work all the time, or constantly make myself the center of attention. At best my sense of satisfaction was fleeting.
With Step Four, I realize that part of my self-worth can be based on my ability to love other people. Saying a kind word, writing a considerate note, or just taking time out from my other thoughts to appreciate another human being, enriches my entire day. I have the power to feel good about myself, regardless of my achievements, whether or not other people validate my worthiness.

Today's Reminder

Let me look for appropriate opportunities to share my love with people around me. In this way I celebrate one of my most positive traits without expecting anything in return. Paying someone a compliment that comes from the heart, or thanking them sincerely for their kindness, may be the nicest thing I can do for myself today.

"It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him."

~Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-20-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is such a good one! Thank you!