About to Send XAH First Direct Angry Email

Old 03-20-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, writing the direct, angry email sure eliminated some drag. And no, it remains in the draft box, I didn't send it!

When things with AH got really out of hand and I found Al Anon, I started swimming. I used to be battling the water, face down, legs falling, gasping for air every few seconds.

Wednesday night, I got in the pool with my Ironman friends and glided easily along the surface of the water. Very little drag, breathing casual, no longer overwhelmed and anxious with the situation I find myself in. I have faith that the water will hold me.

The water is you all. It's knowing my children are strong. It's believing the world will allow me to follow my passions and work hard and with that will come money enough to support my children, our little cat, and me.

Tonight I swam 2,500 meters non-stop no problem. No big deal for real swimmers, but a couple months ago I was happy to get through a few hundred meters without taking a pause. I can't wait to see what I can do next!
Old 03-20-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Pippi....it is exciting to hear you become so much more confident!! Proud of you!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey, I'm one of those IM finishers.....so your water example resonates with me! Keep it up! I'm not a "real" swimmer, so I know how great an accomplishment that yardage is!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I know how you feel Pipi.
I went through my 7th child support review phone hearing this week.
7 reviews in 7 years.
I have been struggling financially a lot.
My childrens sports are getting really expensive not to mention the price to feed them & I had to try one last time.
Sent a text asking if XH would consider helping with sports fees.
No response.
Got all the costs in writing, scanned, emailed & added breakdown & explanation of costs & sent it.
Heard nothing.
BUT......this week XH came into my work & handed me $150 towards sports fees. WOW!
It's taken 7 years for him to contribute & it is just a drop in the bucket compared to what I pay but it was helpful & I am extremely grateful.
So for you Pippi, never ever give up, keep fighting girl because you have your children's best interests at heart.
I am so tired & frustrated of the systems also that allow our solo parents to live in poverty when there are obvious solutions.
Hugs.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by PippiLngstockng View Post

my people,

Pippi
Yep. Welcome Home.