I KNOW Better

Old 03-19-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I did go a few times. My life is crazy raising two daughters on my own. Only free nights I have are tues and thursday and every other saturday. Thursdays I spend with my stepfather since my Mom passed this summer and tues and saturdays..well, they are usually for going out and having fun. The rest of the time, I am with my kids. I could probably leave them alone for a little while one night a week, but you guys are my Alanon. When I did go, everyone was IN a relationship with an alcoholic and it just made me sad that I'm not. How f$#%^ing STUPID. Oh My God, Did I actually just type that? Holy Crap.

What a disaster of a brain I have. I swear, every OTHER part of my life is normal. I just can't get this man thing right. Dammit!!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzyrose05 View Post
When I did go, everyone was IN a relationship with an alcoholic and it just made me sad that I'm not.
Lol, my experience was opposite - I was still with STBXAH and it seemed like everyone else was divorced. Now that we're divorcing, I've actually met several more who are still with their A though it still seems like most are divorced. I go on my lunch hour sometimes. I stay the whole hour but there are a lot of people who come in late and leave early due to work. A lot of people bring their lunch to the meeting, too.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Clean since 1/11/14

How old are your kids? We have a meeting where children above 5 can come and most parents have them on an iPad with headphones on. There is only one meeting in my area like that though.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

14 and 8. I don't like the idea of making my kids sit through meetings when they'd rather be home doing their own thing. Especially my 14 year old. The little one would be all up in the meeting whining her little butt off. Maaaa what are you talking about, why are we here. Don't talk about HIM anymore. My town only has two places I know of that have meetings. But I will look into the idea of a lunch meeting. That would definitely be doable!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I did go a few times. My life is crazy raising two daughters on my own. Only free nights I have are tues and thursday and every other saturday. Thursdays I spend with my stepfather since my Mom passed this summer and tues and saturdays..well, they are usually for going out and having fun. The rest of the time, I am with my kids. I could probably leave them alone for a little while one night a week, but you guys are my Alanon. When I did go, everyone was IN a relationship with an alcoholic and it just made me sad that I'm not. How f$#%^ing STUPID. Oh My God, Did I actually just type that? Holy Crap.

What a disaster of a brain I have. I swear, every OTHER part of my life is normal. I just can't get this man thing right. Dammit!!
One of the groups I tried was full of older women still with active A's. It made me ANGRY. But months later I see that I was afraid that would be me. And who has control over that fate? Me.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Clean since 1/11/14

14 and 8. I don't like the idea of making my kids sit through meetings when they'd rather be home doing their own thing. Especially my 14 year old. The little one would be all up in the meeting whining her little butt off. Maaaa what are you talking about, why are we here. Don't talk about HIM anymore. My town only has two places I know of that have meetings. But I will look into the idea of a lunch meeting. That would definitely be doable!
Lunch meeting sounds like a good option.