Courage To Change 03/18/14

Old 03-18-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 03/18/14

Our Eighth Tradition suggests that our Twelve Step work should remain forever nonprofessional. This means that as Al-Anon members, our own experience, strength, and hope is all we need to help one another recover from the devastating impact of alcoholism. If our program were run by professionals, I would not have been free to carry the Al-Anon message to so many others.
This Tradition encourages me to help those who really want help. I've spent so much time and energy trying to help those who didn't want it, that the opportunity to make a welcome contribution to someone else's well-being is precious to me. Today, because of my experience with alcoholism, I am better able to understand and empathize with other people. I'm grateful that something positive has come from the more difficult times in my life.
I am learning to give and receive without guilt. I need not feel a debt to those members who have helped me, except to pass along to others what has served me so well. And as I give, I receive.

Today's Reminder

I find that sharing my experience, strength, and hope with others, as an equal, is one of Al-Anon's greatest gifts.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve."

~Albert Schweitzer