Found out XABF relapsed - venting

Old 03-12-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Found out XABF relapsed - venting

Hello,

So today my XABF didn't pick up our son since he had a softball game. Just so happened, he played against some of my friends and they saw him drinking after his game. My friend said the whole team was drinking. I honestly don't know how long my XABF been drinking but this is the first time I knew about it. I know if I ask my XABF about it, he will say he's 5 months sober which is a lie.

It's hard to not be disappointed. I just kinda feel numb at this point. I pray that he makes better choices and hopefully chooses to start his recovery again.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Christinastar,

I feel numb sometimes. At work I will have the attention span of a gnat as part of my head is clearly whirring on the hamster wheel of my relationship or trying to come to a solution where no one gets hurt...

I thought you knew he was not really in recovery? Several times I think your friends have updated you on what they see XABF doing and it has upset you. Maybe to stop some of this lingering disappointment you need to tell them it hurts your heart to hear about him?

Peace with each step forward you take.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Codejob,

I guess I'm wanting my XABF to change. I know he's not ready to change. All I can do is pray for the things I don't understand and continue to take care of my son and I!