Put on Your Horns Let's Go For a Ride

Old 03-11-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Put on Your Horns Let's Go For a Ride

For the record, I'm not sure why I'm posting this. In the mood I guess after everything I read here today.

So you're to blame for everything? You're evil? You've been thrown under the bus yet again? Your kids hear all this too? Are you just SICK of that stinking high road everyone talks about that you commute EVERY DAY? It's no fun, it's exhausting?

Then today, forget therapy, forget steps, forget serenity. Give in.

Just for today...

Crawl out from under that bus.
You know it's not yours, but it's been there a while.
Grab the keys from under the visor and rev it up.
Snatch those devil hats from the back seat and hand one to each kid.
Don't forget your own.
Don your best evil grin.
Roll down those windows.
Hit that road...you know the one...that high road at the edge of town you always end up driving.
Yep. Stay on it. You're that strong.
Crank up the music.
When you hit the highest point, cackle like maniacs and toss your devil hats into the wind.
Get out and stretch your legs.
Don that evil grin again.
Pop that bus into neutral and shove it off the edge. It'll never find it's way back if you don't let it.
Hug your kids, admire the view, tell them how amazing it is to ride this road every day, and show them how beautiful life is from here.

Walk that road home together.
Get some ice cream.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One of the songs we blast (DS and I cruising errands) is Eminem's Not Afraid. We started when the H was in rehab. My newer 4 cylinder mom cruiser has some decent bass! I can make the mirrors shake and we are both hollering along. I suppose it would look a bit devilish, especially to the family cruisers blasting Christian rock.

Turns out the DS did a report on Eminem and was cracking up that he could hardly open any websites at school bc of the language I suppose. But we talked about recovery in relation to someone else and what a nice blessing that is. DS said someone at school did not know what rehab was and he said to me, "Mom I did not explain it to him." I said that was fine. Who knows, maybe he will one day drive a friend to get help. Or if he needs help he knows it is out there bc I did not hide the truth.

So keep on seeking the truth Praying. Ice cream runs are allowed too!