Enough for a Restraining Order

Old 03-08-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enough for a Restraining Order

My DS14 told me this morn of an incident that occurred yesterday evening.

AH was driving son to activity. AH was saying I was a terrible driver and that is why the car is making noise. I had told AH to drive the car to listen to the noise. DS said that as they were driving AH kept speeding up then slamming on the brakes. He said it was to try and repeat the noise. DS said by the time the got to destination he was scared. AH then tells him to stand by the road, and DO NOT MOVE, and to listen for the noise. AH was driving parallel to the road then turned and was driving straight toward DS. AH then slams on the brake right infront of DS. DS said, "Mom, he scared the sh!t out of me. I would of jumped out of the way but there was no where to go." (building behind him.)

My question. Is this enough to go to Juvenal court and get a restraining order?
Old 03-08-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wahine, omg, I am horrified for your son and you. I don't know if it's enough. I thought I had enough when I tried to get a restaining order against AXH, and was told he was just angry that I filed for divorce and that we had differing levels of interest in sex. The court then cautioned AXH to be careful.

If you file, make sure you don't sugar coat it. Don't use euphemisms. Be blunt, be true. Resist any urge you might have to minimize or excuse his behavior. Be very clear about how afraid your son was.

Sending hugs and wishing you conitnued strength.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Wahine,

I'm sorry your son was so frightened. I admit, that would have scared me to death, too.

Are you still married and living in the same house? If so, I don't know at all how that would work or if it would even be possible.

Others will be along soon who may be able to speak from their own experience. I hope that things are a bit calmer today!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ugh, this story totally gave me flashbacks. My dad used to do similar things with me in the car. He's a mechanic, not an alcoholic, but it scared me all the same!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

F. Yes.
Report him.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Holy. Crap. Hopefully because your son is older they'll listen to him and allow a restraining order to be issued. Your poor son.