What should i respond with here...?

Old 03-06-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The best response is no response.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone ...I woke up this morning back to my clear head over the situation. I was unsure what was going on in his head...my "playing games and emotional blackmail"??? haha I was so confused. All of it is what he does, not me!!
I wanted to respond badly, but I slept on it and now feel able to let it all go! What he thinks of me doesn't matter. And what he will tell his family and friends doesn't matter. His friends are drunks, why would their opinions matter??
I thought though that me not contacting him was stepping out of the game playing...but according to him, that is playing games??

FeelingGreat - Yes you were right...once he got out, my whole perspective changed. I feel free and happier than I have in a long time.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, Brolynbub! How are you doing today?
Old 03-11-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking :-) I am fine most of the time, the last couple of days I've been tired though and it seems when I'm tired I struggle more. I really am fine without him most if the time. Yesterday I had to force myself not to call him, just for a chat. I had a bit of a cry and slept on it. I feel better today. I'm sure it will get easier. And it helps that every time he calls me he tells me how disappointed in me he is.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Brolynbub View Post
I wanted to to defend myself, but there is no point.
Good news: you do not need to defend yourself - he knows. You know he knows. Most importantly, you know.

Two thoughts:
"Not being known doesn't stop the truth from being true." -Richard Bach
“The truth is like a lion. You don’t have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.” -St. Augustine

Note to self on that second thought, keep reminding self: am not lion... am not lion...