Venting again

Old 02-28-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Venting again

Hello,

So yesterday my ex abf tells me, he is going to be moving into a bachelor house with 5 other guys. Keep in mind, he is going to be 5 months sober on the 12th. I just wish he would make better decisions but I don't say anything to him anymore. It does bother me that he has no intentions to have our son ever stay over with him. I assume he will go back to his old ways of partying and drinking. For some reason, I cried last night because I want him to get healthier but I know he needs to do it for himself.

Since i have our son the majority of the time. I also feel like it's time to file for custody and child support since I don't know what the future holds.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think protecting your son's interests is a really good idea.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Lilamy. My son is my main concern and of course his safety.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do you know the people your ex is moving in with? I know one of my A friends moved directly from rehab into sort of an unofficial halfway house where there was an old RA who was sort of like that "house father" who worked with the recently sober guys to establish routines and learn how to live in the real world as sober people. While that still might not be an ideal environment for a small child, it could be a good thing. But it sounds like your ex is just moving in with a bunch of single guys?
Old 02-28-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

By all means get child support. That should be a priority. It is his son as well. If his intentions are to live like a frat boy, count your blessings your son won't be exposed to that!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lilamy,

I only know one of the guys. He doesn't even know who else is moving in. I'm sure they are a bunch of single guys who will be partying.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is disappointing, of course. But he is an adult and these are his choices to make. Time to focus on your own choices and doing what is best for you and your son. Don't let him and his bad decisions live rent-free in your head. Sending strength and hugs.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks SparkleKitty!

Yes it's disappointing! I know I need to focus on my son and I. I it's still hard to see at times.