Courage To Change 02/27/14

Old 02-27-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 02/27/14

It is not necessary for me to map out a master plan for my recovery -- my Higher Power has already done that. It is only necessary to humbly ask for God's guidance and for the willingness to follow that guidance today. I know that I am not alone: I will receive all the help I need along the way. After praying for recovery I can let go, knowing I will walk serenely in the right direction.
But I can make some choices that will help to speed up my progress. I can take good care of myself more consistently. I can attend Al-Anon meetings, call my Sponsor, try some new kind of service work. I can relax, meditate, exercise, read Al-Anon literature, play, eat a healthy meal. I find that when I put forth the effort to do what I can each day, I gradually get stronger.

Today's Reminder

I can't control my recovery. I can't force myself to let go any faster, nor insist upon serenity. But I can take small actions to remind myself that I am a willing participant in this process. I have every reason to be hopeful, for each step I take is a step towards living life more fully. Today I will do something nice for myself that I haven't made time for until now.

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."

~ Henry David Thoreau