My Mum just got home from rehab

Old 02-22-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Mum just got home from rehab

My Mum has been in rehab for two weeks, she refused to do the recommended 28 days and instead convinced the medical staff and everyone else that she was cured. She got home today and when I went to see her after work I suspected she had had a drink. A few hours later I was sure she had had a drink. I rang the clinic who advised me to take all her meds away.

I feel desperately alone and I'm sure she does too. A month ago my Dad died. My Mum met him when she was 13 and they did everything together. They had a baby out of wedlock when she was 16 which had to be adopted. A few years later she had my twin brother and I. According to my Dad this is when she started drinking. Four years ago my brother died. I have no other family and my Mum is now sending me rambling texts about how she can't live without my Dad.

I have attended one al anon meeting and found it helpful. I am at breaking point and feel like refusing to speak to my Mum now.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry for what you are going thru... I am sure with all the loss around you, you now feel like you are loosing your mum! Keep posting and reading here and read the stickies at the top. You do not have to talk to your mother while she is drunk! Do not feel guilty about that! She has to help herself. All you can do for you and your mother is to take care of YOU. Keep going to meeting because thats a great start! ((Hugs))
Old 02-22-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So sorry for the loss of our Dad and brother. I believe your Mum is sick and does not mean to hurt you, but unfortunately she does. Glad you have gone to al-anon, keep reading and posting, thinking of you at this sad nod painful time x