Crazy town

Old 02-21-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crazy town

This is crazy-big dance for the kids Gma and aunt got involved and was buying pants and shirts and helping out with my son outfit. Well his girlfriend wanted to buy the tie and the aunt said one color and the girl friend bought the color that she was told to and the aunt bought a different color. When my son said something to his dad his dad just said boy I'm glad I'm not involved. This is his mom and sister shouldn't he take control before it gets crazy? He doesn't want me to be involve but let's them go crazy. I don't get it. Crazy
Old 02-21-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Exactly why would you want to be involved in this?

Your post does not express if you were interested in taking him shopping, so I assume you were ok with them taking him?

You might feel alot better if you take a step back and allow them the opportunity to have whatever type of relationship they choose/know. Seems to me this is their Mode, this is just how they are.

Hope your son wears the tie he WANTS to the dance, and has a super fun time.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that's pretty silly...it's a TIE. the aunt can BUY whatever she wants, the boy gets to choose what he is going to put on his body!!! i wouldn't even waste brain energy on such a minor issue, cricket.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Take control "before" it gets crazy? Hon, it's been crazy since the beginning.

It's a tie. For a dance. Step as far back from this as you can. The less you engage with the ridiculous games, the less power you give everyone to set you spinning.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lol yes it is just a tie. Here is the issue my son was complaining to his dad that it was crazy and his dad blew him off. As for taking him shopping I would of and offered to go out and get him a shirt or tie that would work but the Gma and aunt have been shopping for this since before Christmas and I just get told about this stuff about a week ago. In addition he has 2 or 3 nice dress shirts that he has never worn in his closet. I just shake my head and hope it will work out. Not saying a thing to A.

I just think A would realized it was driving his son nuts and stood up for him. This is me in denial.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your part in this is to validate your son's feelings. No one else in this scenario matters. The more he can recognize and not engage crazy behavior, the better off he will be. You AH is not going to suddenly change into Superdad. Arm your son with the tools he needs to protect himself from craziness.