Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Really pathetic vent...Im feeling lonely and jealous of XABF "having a life"

Old 02-19-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Think as we have officially broken up and since he is telling everyone, it's making it real. Due to my circumstances I really don't have as many friends, the ones I do have are through work. I work 3 different jobs and study full time so I'm feeling exhausted...he meanwhile is coming home at 3pm playing on computers, talking to his ex wife constantly and out at clubs every night. I don't want to live like that, clubs and pubs are not my scene, I think I just wish I had time out for myself so I can actually enjoy myself occasionally. As XABF is still living here for next couple of weeks it's really hard to see him getting on with his life and out getting over things, while i have no free time and when I do have some, he is there in my face.
I feel lonely and I am jealous that he's out having fun. I know it's pathetic. I know I shouldn't care, I just struggle while he's still living here....oh and he's got his son for the rest of the week, so while usually he avoids me and my son like the plague...he is currently 'gracing us with his presence'...I've got no idea why..
I'm also royally peeved off that he is out every night spending $$ while he owes me 4 weeks in rent. Grrr. Anyway, vent done.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a pretty good reason to vent. Gee whiz.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Brolynbub, I'm glad it's over for your sake, and I know what a difficult situation it must be for you seeing him every day, especially as you're working so hard and are tired most of the time.
Is there any chance of getting him out faster? Normally I wouldn't be that hard-hearted but he's bludging off you (is that a word in the US? Sponging?) and there's really no reason why you should be supplying him with free room and board. If he hasn't got anything lined up, that's his problem. Could you get some friends over to pack up his stuff and put it in the garage, then change the locks?
Alternatively you could tell him to either pay you the back rent or leave.
I know it looks like he's having fun, but project forward a few years. All your hard work will have paid off, and he'll just be drifting along doing the minimum. He sounds like a real loser, and you sound just the opposite. Take care of yourself.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Feeling great, I'm from Australia too :-) I'm over in tweed heads...yes he is sponging, I'm resenting it. He keeps complaining that he has no money, but has enough to buy drinks and gamble..grr
Anyway thank you x
Old 02-20-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep your eye on the prize. You are working hard and studying to make a better future for yourself, that is something to really be proud of. It's tough now, but look at what your priorities are vs. his. Take some time out to treat yourself and recharge your batteries, it doesn't have to be something costly...look into activities in your area or take up a hobby.

I applaud your determination and maturity!