Courage To Change 02/18/2014

Old 02-18-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 02/18/2014

Daily practice of the Al-Anon program is helping me to become more tolerant of other people. For example, when I take my own inventory and examine my motives, I recognize the same shortcomings I once eagerly pointed out in others. It is easier to accept the limitations of others when I acknowledge my own.
I see now that my thinking has often been distorted, my behavior inconsistent. If my perceptions of myself have been so inaccurate, how reliable can my perceptions of others be? I really don't know what anyone else should think, feel, or do. Therefore, I can no longer justify intolerance.
Regular, dedicated practice of the principles of the program keeps me feeling good about myself. This permits me to be increasingly open-minded and considerate towards everyone in my life.

Today's Reminder

Al-Anon meetings, fellowship, Steps, Traditions, and literature all help me to improve my ability to relate to others. I will renew my commitment to recovery today.

"An earnest and concentrated study of the Al-Anon program, in-depth, will help us to become more tolerant, confident, and loving, teaching us to accept the faults of others as we seek to correct shortcomings in ourselves."

~ The Dilemma of the Alcoholic Marriage