Courage To Change 02/17/2014

Old 02-17-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 02/17/2014

My vision can be so limited. I often think that the only possible outcomes are those that I can imagine. Fortunately, my Higher Power is not restricted by such logic. In fact, some of the most wondrous events grow out of what appears to be disasters.
But faith takes practice. Fears can loom large, and I can get lost in my limited thinking. When I can't see any way out and I doubt that even a Higher Power can help me, that's when I most need to pray. When I do, my actions demonstrate my willingness to be helped. And time after time, the help I need is given to me.
Today I know that even when my situation looks bleak and I can't see any way out, miracles can happen if I turn my will and my life over to God.

Today's Reminder

I have an important part to play in my relationship with my Higher Power - I have to be willing to receive help, and I have to ask for it. If I develop the habit of turning to my Higher Power for help with small, everyday matters, I'll know what to do when faced with more difficult challenges.

"In the hour of adversity be not without hope
For crystal rain falls from black clouds."

~Persian poem.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is one of the passages that I have dog-eared in my copy of Courage to Change. When things in my life are going well, I tend to forget about turning to my HP. Of course, that never ends well.....