Thankful Thursday

Old 02-13-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thankful Thursday

Today I am grateful for Smart Wool socks. My mom spoils me and buys me a few pair each year. Now my sock drawer reminds me of my mom which is sweet.

Tonight I get to go to a Scholastic Book Fair. It brings back such fond memories of pouring over the papery flyer and ordering books when I was a kid. I am hoping they have Hollow City there. DS starting reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and it is interesting and unique, so it would be nice to get the sequel.

And then we go to parent teacher conferences. I am seriously grateful my son likes school and is doing well.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I LOVE Smart Wool. I try to find them at places like Marshall's or TJ Maxx or Ross so they're not so expensive. If I could afford to have a whole drawer of them I would, especially this winter!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I too love Smart Wool! I'm a guy...so it's all about being practical, but I discovered that wool socks never wear out. I mean, I'm sure they do eventually...but really, they never wear out.
Every spring, I go buy a couple of pairs. My sock drawer is full of wool socks, which never.wear.out. I think I can stop now...
Old 02-13-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ok, please share - what it is about the socks?

Old 02-13-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

More trustworthy than your qualifier! And Matt is right that they do not seem to wear out!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm grateful today for my boss. She's a very unique person. She has been through hell and back in her personal life. And the days when my panic attacks are disabling, she tells me to sit in my office and listen to music if that helps, or to go home if that helps.

It's been a long time since I had one of those days. And it's partly because I know I don't have to push through the pain and try to accomplish at any price. Love that woman.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Count me in the thankful for wool socks club! Lyssy, they are warm and comfy and my feet do not sweat in them. They are pricey but oldest ds still has a pair from his time in boy scouts... almost ten years ago!

I am also thankful for girl scout cookies and my sweet little niece who sells them to me! Love that girl

I am thankful for RAIN because if it's raining, that means it's NOT snowing!

And, finally, I am thankful for my mother who always, always supports me, even when she disagrees with me.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One more thing I'm thankful that I'm finally AWAKE and aware. I was talking to my sister & we were discussing something scary that her teen-aged dd did recently. She called it a 'fad that the kids from the good homes picked up from the kids from the dysfunctional homes.' Her home life is no more functional than mine! All I kept thinking while she was talking is how thankful I am that I'm finally aware of just how dysfunctional my life is because now that I'm aware, I can do something about it!!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustAGirl1971 View Post
One more thing I'm thankful that I'm finally AWAKE and aware. I was talking to my sister & we were discussing something scary that her teen-aged dd did recently. She called it a 'fad that the kids from the good homes picked up from the kids from the dysfunctional homes.' Her home life is no more functional than mine! All I kept thinking while she was talking is how thankful I am that I'm finally aware of just how dysfunctional my life is because now that I'm aware, I can do something about it!!
Oh yes, yes, yes. I too can finally see. Doesn't necessarily mean that what I am seeing makes ANY sense, but at least I am seeing most of it and know what I am truly seeing.

Thanks for the tip on the socks. I will look for them. Probably have to order them on line. Not a lot of demand for wool socks in Texas. My feet sweat horribly. I hate it so I am willing to try anything.