Courage To Change 02/13/14

Old 02-13-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 02/13/14

Every snowflake is different. Every thumbprint is different. Every person in Al-Anon is different despite the common problem that brings us together
Comparing myself to others was a defect of character that plagued me all my life and continued during my early years in Al-Anon. I focused on how others seem to be grasping the program more quickly than I, had the "right "things to say when they shared, seemed more popular. I didn't like myself because I wasn't living up to what I believed to be true about others.
Today, just like the snowflake and the thumbprint, I realize that I too have special qualities. I know that my growth in Al-Anon can't be compared with anyone else's. I have learned that I can't judge my insides by other people's outsides. We are all doing the best we can. Like every other member of the fellowship, I offer an important contribution to the Al-Anon Family groups simply by participating and being myself.

Today's Reminder

A Sponsor or trusted Al-Anon friend can help me see that I have value just as I am.

"it is the chiefest point of happiness that a man is willing to be what he is."

~Desiderius Erasmus