Feeling sad today

Old 02-11-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling sad today

Hello,

Just feeling emotional about my recent break up. It's hard seeing my ex fiancé (4 months sober) every day. We have an son together and I will always love him but just wish I didn't have to see him so much. I don't know why I get so emotional. When I feel like this I feel weak and I want to cry.

Sorry just needed to vent.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. I have to see separated AH daily due to our work schedules for exchange of our daughter. I know it hurts. Just keep putting child first and you will be ok. The hardest thing is to mourn and grieve when you see that person on a daily basis.

It is so painful so i wont even fluff it...just come on here and post and we will be here for you.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cry your heart out Christinastar. It's a kind of release and will make you feel a little better, even if only for a short time.

Hugs!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Vent away Christina, it's hard to have to see someone you love after you've separated. I've done it myself and it tore me apart, but it did make me stronger in the long run.
The amazing thing you have done is to create a relationship with your ex that is healthy for your son. Don't underestimate that.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I felt the same way for years, sadly, after my divorce from xah. Mourning is a painful process. I didn't fully recover from that pain until I stopped blaming myself for things I didn't understand were part of the sickness of alcoholism. I was so naive to the beast even though I was living in the thick of it. I started healing when I started educating myself and working on me. I really had to retrain my brain--through thoughts and actions--to stop thinking about him and our lost future.

We had three babies and I would sob every time he came to pick them up as they pulled out of the driveway. It was awful. I feel your pain. Time helps. Putting your focus on you and your own happiness will help. Wishing you peace.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all!!

It's just hard when he talks to me like we r best friends or even flirts. I just don't get it and he confuses me. I guess time will heal my broken heart.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I finally cried after I put my son to bed. I hope tomorrow is a better day for me.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by christinastar10 View Post
I finally cried after I put my son to bed. I hope tomorrow is a better day for me.
Sending hopes for a better day your way - hugs!