Today I am Grateful for...

Old 02-11-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I am Grateful for...

I thought I'd start a happy thread just for the heck of it today. Feel free to chime in....

Today I am grateful for.....

...not 1, but 2 - TWO good hair days in a row. Never happens to me,

...serendipity - that just when I am running dangerously short on cash, 2 rebates from Christmas finally showed up in today's mail & will get me through to payday. It is *just enough*.

...sleeping SEVEN full,uninterrupted hours in a row last night. I woke up feeling so much more rested than I have been lately & I feel a lot more productive today.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Besides the obvious stuff (my awesome kids, good health, freedom, etc.) I'm thankful for coconut milk coffee creamer because I can't have dairy or soy right now and do not like plain black coffee.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today I was thinking I'm especially grateful for:

Getting my appetite back, having lost it sometime in September...
SR
a restful weekend
Old 02-11-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for being able to take things one day at a time. Anything I can't deal with today can wait, and that's okay.
I'm grateful for snow on the ground, firewood and knowing that spring will come.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

"Dear God, thank you for Ziggy comics, little baby ducks, and 'Sweatin' to the Oldies' volumes one, two, and four."
Old 02-11-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Soup! Today at work we a having a soup potluck and it was excellent. About 15 soups to try, all different varieties. A great salad and some amazing desserts. The folks I work with are like a family to me and pleasing them makes me happy. I made a Manhatten seafood chowder that is going over pretty well. So heres to comfort food and great friends to enjoy it with, and getting paid for it to boot
Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great idea, FS! I am thankful for a job that gives me the flexibility to leave for things like kids' appointments and al-anon... and has patience with me during this period in my life when I have the attention span of my cat! I'm thankful for said cat and his brother-cat. Finally, I am thankful for music which makes my life much more pleasant and my job more enjoyable
Old 02-11-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

*Those squirt bottles that you put boiled cooled off water and salt in so that you can rinse out your sinuses. It's a filthy job but boy does it feel good to get all the gunk out!

*A boss who says "for God's sake don't come in until you're not contagious anymore, I'm too old to get everyone's germs because they're trying to show how noble they are!"

*Netflix

*A huge thermos of hot tea

*Throat lozenges

*A heated home and a comfortable bed.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

• Sleeping all night last night -- which means DD2 slept all night last night.
  • My job.
  • My second job. It's a PITA, but the extra money means I can rest easy come bill time.
  • My gorgeous and kind children. They always surprise and delight me.
  • A warm place to eat and sleep.
  • My sense of humor. I am able to find fun in many of my sad and dour experiences, and it keeps me floating.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for my co-workers, who are my friends. They make me laugh all the time.

I am thankful for my mom who when I said things were ho-hum she reminded me why things are actually much better than that.

I am thankful that I got my tax refund back and have been able to pay off some bills that were very behind.

I am grateful for SR and Celebrate Recovery.

I am grateful for the obvious things, my kids, a house over my head, my job, etc.

And...I am grateful for my dog. For the past two nights I have curled up and watched Westminster Dog Agility and Westminster Dog Show with my kids and my doggie. I love him and the unconditional happiness he has around me all the time.

The list could go on and on...but I want to also say I am thankful for FS for starting this thread so I can remind myself that my life is alot more full of good than I sometimes think!

God Bless you all!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
*Those squirt bottles that you put boiled cooled off water and salt in so that you can rinse out your sinuses. It's a filthy job but boy does it feel good to get all the gunk out!

*A boss who says "for God's sake don't come in until you're not contagious anymore, I'm too old to get everyone's germs because they're trying to show how noble they are!"

*Netflix

*A huge thermos of hot tea

*Throat lozenges

*A heated home and a comfortable bed.
Feel better soon!!!

I am thankful for:
my mom, who is here to visit right now
my awesome teen son who stood up for himself yesterday against a bully and was proud of himself, too
my very capable air mattress I slept on last night while the family is here
sunny warm days (it's 75 here today)

Al Anon meetings and the freedom to meet as a group without condemnation or judgement

The physical ability to run and walk with my dog every day and for the mental strength to help my son study velocity and speed and centripetal force today, LOL!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lizatola....go soak up some warm for me!! 75...that is awesome!!! I think the high here today is 15, but that's ok because at least the sun is shining! I miss my flip flops!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh, I love these ((**warm, fuzzy thoughts**)) & I can 2nd so many of them. (I know I skipped all the obvious ones too, like DD..)

Lillamy's post reminded me I am also grateful that my boss decided to stay home sick instead of bringing the germs to the office like she normally does. I am getting more done in less time & looks like I'll be able to squeeze in a half hour of yoga at the office before I go home today!

This also means I'll get to leave ON TIME today with no one here handing me projects just as I am getting ready to walk out the door.

Also grateful for the Dollar Tree stores! We find all kinds of great deals & fun, affordable stuff that helps me stay in budget.

I am grateful that I can always find a shoulder to lean on or someone who understands simply by logging in here.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hopeful, I won't tease you by telling you our high is around 80 today.

I will be grateful if I can talk my family into joining me for a walk tonight - we ALL need it!

I am also grateful RAH has been able to sell a few of his toys to pay for his legal fees instead of trying to pressure me for solutions.

Lizatola - how wonderful that your son stood up for himself, yay!!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for our upcoming resort vacation in August, the new clothes and bikinis I bought to wear there, and to Weight Watchers for making the second part possible!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

crunchy cereal and cold milk !
Old 02-11-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for

-Firesprite's 2 good hair days

-Firesprite's 7 consecutive hours of sleep

Yes,.I am grateful....and envious!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the latte I treated myself to this afternoon.

I am grateful that my sister (who lives with us) is visiting my mom for two weeks, and that my BF is working evenings this week so I can have some alone time to relax, work on myself and work on some things I've been meaning to get to.

As always I'm grateful for my dogs. They make me smile so much.

I'm also grateful that I'm leaving my job in six weeks and starting a new chapter in my life.

Thanks for starting this thread, FS. Feeling kind of blah and sick of winter today but some of the posts here made me remember how very lucky I am to have a roof over my head and a warm bed in which to sleep at night.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Seriously, I'm grateful for our warm sunny weather today, and all you wonderful folks here at SR.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am grateful for a last second non-profit event I am heading up coming together relatively smoothly! I am grateful for some good days lately - family is good, work is good, home is good. Feeling like a very lucky girl lately.