21 days

Old 02-07-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

21 days

It's been 3 weeks since I left my xabf after him telling me to f off for the umpteenth time. Today was stuff swap day...ive not contacted him these past few weeks but he asked when I could drop his stuff off Sunday and I replied Friday...hes at work avoiding seeing him. I also am paying back a small loan we got together. .my share of it. So ive collected my things and left his on his door handlw and am feeling quite sad that
1...it ended with hard feelings
2...he isn't sorry
3...I feel cheated.
It all seems so immature but I cant expect anything less from a man who hasn't dealt with any of his issues for the past 20 odd years.
I'll be fine later I have a busy weekend planned but I just needed to vent about the injustice of it all.
It all reinforces that my future does not include him and his addiction.
*sigh*
Old 02-07-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is hard, and it is unfair. You are entitled to feel any and all of your feelings, and you don't have to label them immature. You had a dream, you had a partner, and now you don't, and that is a loss.

Down the road, for me, after I left my now XAH, I found greater peace than I had known for a very long time. I hope that you do too.

ShootingStar1
Old 02-07-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I feel for you but you will find happiness again xxx
Old 02-07-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good for you, wholelottarosie!!!!!! Remember, dear---this is short-term pain for long-term gain.

You are doing just fine---Great, in fact! Keep it up (in spite of the pain). Down the road, you will look back and be grateful that you had the fortitude to do the right thing.

Maybe we change your name to "wholelotafortitude"....LOL

dandylion
Old 02-07-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rosie, how about a change of perspective. You aren't losing a boyfriend, you are gaining your freedom! I left my wife of 36 years almost 3 years ago and my life is so much better. My self esteem has gone through the roof because I found out I can do all of this own my own.

As Dandylion said, short-term pain for long-term gain.

Your friend,