Court drama continues ......

Old 02-07-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

One day at a time, Rosie. When there's an active addict involved, you can't do too much in the planning ahead department.

Just be clear in court about what you want, stay calm as you can, and know we're behind you. Hope it goes well for you!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm feeling a little better.
I managed to speak to my best friend lastnight who has been through all the court system herself & she was able to answer some of the questions I had & make a lot of things clearer for me. She thinks a court case would probably be another $5000 & I can't afford that.
We tossed around ideas & then both agreed, keep it out of court, agree to what he wants but on my times, then hopefully everything will be signed & cut & dry.
She suggested I talk to lawyer for child, not sure I'm allowed to but if I can & I put my offer to her which is what XH wants with a few adjustments then it might just work.
I know that I'm selling myself short to certain degree but I really can't afford a court case & the way I have been looking at it is this:
"Well it will be XH who misses out in the end because he is not wanting to have them"
And maybe one day he will realise that, at the mo he still has it in his thick brain he wants more time with the kids but he has clearly proven he doesn't.
I've been feeling quite depressed this weekend but I acknowledge the need to feel the way I do, know it's only temporary but give myself the right to feel the feelings associated with this court process & the past 7 years with XH, be kind to myself & eventually it will work out.