SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Oddly content. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/321830-oddly-content.html)

BrokenInPieces 02-04-2014 06:54 PM

Oddly content.

It was a week last night since I last saw or spoke with my BF of almost 2.5 yrs. After having told him that I will never be ok with him drinking every night and telling him how much I love him, I got out of his truck and he drove away. He said nothing other than "I love you, too" and "Good night".

I was/am sad. But more than that, I am ok. I feel content. Free. And it feels strange. I think I should be feeling more, but I don't. And I don't know why. I love this man dearly. He is so very good to me in so many ways. I would love nothing more than to share my life with him. But he drinks. And I feel stronger about not having that in my life than I do about having him in it.

I almost feel bothered by the fact that I haven't cried at all other than while I was talking to him that night. That this past week I've smiled and joked and gone out with friends, slept soundly, gotten work done and have just felt.. free.

I'm sure it will hit me at some point, but for now, I am ok.

ladyscribbler 02-04-2014 06:58 PM

I almost feel bothered by the fact that I haven't cried at all other than while I was talking to him that night. That this past week I've smiled and joked and gone out with friends, slept soundly, gotten work done and have just felt.. free.

Glad I'm not the only one. I broke up with mine about 6 months ago. We lived together and had a child, but when I left him for good I was just over it. I think it's maybe because I spent so much of the time we were together crying. Like I did all of my mourning in advance or something.
Keep taking care of yourself and thanks for posting.

HopefulinFLA 02-04-2014 07:15 PM

Broken,

I might take it as a sign that you've done what's right for you. Sounds like you made a very wise and healthy choice.

worriedmind 02-04-2014 08:22 PM

I'm kind of feeling the same way right now. A lot of my anger is gone, and I feel like I can breathe. I just left my BF of 10 years last week. I'm staying at my Dad's for the time being. I haven't moved my stuff out yet but I feel like the bid is up. I also spent a lot of time crying BEFORE. Some after, but not much.

hopeful4 02-04-2014 10:11 PM

Good for you. We all deserve peace!

Brincess 02-05-2014 07:09 PM

Broken in pieces. Ditto for me. It's been a week and I just feel good! Happy. At peace. Like he whole world has opened up. It's word though as well. Makes me wonder was it really love or just some dysfunctional pull towards each other. Seriously I cried so much throughout the relationship and now when there should be tears there's none?? Confused about that as well

Brincess 02-05-2014 07:10 PM

Weird not word

Brincess 02-05-2014 08:59 PM

Amen to peace:)

Pia 02-06-2014 06:48 AM

When the mind and heart are aligned working together the decision is always right when the mind and heart is not lined up that is where there is conflict. Good job!