Well... I know where I get it from

Old 02-04-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well... I know where I get it from

Just disappointed. Didn't that always s-ck when your parents used that phrase with you as a kid. Maybe it's just me, but I hated that worse than when they would get mad and ground me.... So now, I can sadly say that about my Mom: I'm disappointed with her latest choice related to her ABF.

She'd kicked her ABF out last fall; had finally had enough of the cr-p he and his adult daughters (one an active alcoholic herself and the other a recovering addict) threw at her and kicked him out of her apartment. All three of them blame her for his 'slips' in recovery, his failures to show up to family events, his inability to throw money at them whenever they wanted to party... you kind of know the drill. She finally said ENOUGH. Changed her number, charged all of us kids to NEVER give the new number to any of them, changed locks, cut people out of her life, took a trip to sit in the California sun. Revelation a few weeks later that he 'raised his hand to her.'

She says she took care of that; that he now knows better than to EVER try that again. I want to believe it... this is the same under-4'11"-lady that marched down to our school (long ago) and verbally took down a 6'5" muscle-bound gym teacher for a racially prejudiced comment he made to my little sister. Still...

Anyway.... She called Sunday. The game was playing in the background and who was there whooping it up? He's back? Yes, he is. I love him.

And I bite my tongue.

And the text messages from her have already started. Her asking if she was a neglectful mother because she never sat down and helped us with our homework. My response: What? No. You made us do it ourselves. A neglectful mom wouldn't have cared if the homework was done or not.

Because he says it was neglect.

Because she wouldn't sit down with his granddaughter and help her, because she (Mom) had to leave for work.

OMFG
1. All of her kids went to private colleges on merit scholarships. Probably precisely because she made us figure out our homework ourselves.
2. Mom's "baby" is 37 yo now and he's throwing the phrase "neglectful mom" at her to try to get her to do what he wants her to.
3. All of us dote on the Short Lady, despite her bossy mom-ness, and fight over who gets to have her home for the Holidays or the Summer or weekend or just because... Not sure kids of a neglectful mom would do that.
... Just

I have to admit the rugby language is kicking in. And I heartily feel like buying plane ticket south to show up at the door, grab him by the collar and bodily remove him from the house. It won't solve anything in the long run, I know. But...

Just had to tell some one or scream... and I'm at the office, so screaming wouldn't go over well. Thanks! Deep breath.... deep breath...