A new kind of Saturday night...

Old 02-01-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A new kind of Saturday night...

So, here's the update for those that are interested. AH has been out of the house for almost 4 weeks now. I had a restraining order for two of them but the full order wasn't granted.

AH is staying with a friend about 20 minutes away. I have had updates and we've talked. Initially he said he was serious about getting sober for the millionth time, wanted to come home, quack, quack, quack..

Anyway, long story short, he called this evening. He got off at six and was supposed to meet his sponsor for a 7:30 meeting. His phone tracked to his buddy's house, so I knew he wasn't going. We haven't talked much about his sobriety lately. I did far too much of that when he was at home. Tonight I asked how it was going. He was honest, said he had slipped up "a few times." I could hear the bottle in the background. He said he was feeling sick and was going to just chill on his buddy's couch.

So... Instead of yelling, and crying, and trying to control the drinking that I know is happening... When I heard the tell tale bottle I said, well... I'm sorry you don't feel well, and got off the phone. My parents came over and we all watched Captian Phillips. I don't think my dad has been in my house in 6 months because he is 84, is very feeble, and doesn't follow conversations well and I don't want him to see AH drunk. I also don't ask them both to come because AH doesn't like guests and my mom helps with child care so he gets very tired of seeing her. Everything always revolved around AH.

Tonight I did something for ME. My parents came and watched a movie and AH drank and I didn't care... And that is a FIRST.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Everything always revolved around AH.

That's how it was around our place too. So glad not to be caught up in that anymore. Good for you. Sounds like a fun Saturday.
After I left I heard a lot of "I'm getting help" quacks as well. Six months later, he's worse than ever and I'm on the road to recovery. Take care and thanks for the awesome post!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job, allthings! You're making a lot of progress.