At a crossroads

Old 02-01-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

At a crossroads

Just found out that my AH, who I thought was recovering, has relapsed and been using for two weeks. I don't believe this... I believe he has been using for longer. In any case, we have a four month old son, and I'm not sure how much more to take from my husband. I'm nearing my breaking point with him but don't know if I have the strength to leave him, which is what my head is telling me to do. I love him so much, but the lying, stealing, using, etc feels like it will never ever end and I do not trust him with our son now. He has now been fired from his second job, which was finally going to get us medical insurance again. He was at his new job for one week before getting fired. I feel like I'm giving up on him by walking away, and like I'm not being a good wife.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Good Wife. Yeah. Yeah. you sound pretty Good to Me.

But maybe that is a self-goofy thing or something on my part.

Part of my daily prayers is that God would make me a Good Husband.

Maybe He does -- but that does not do much as far as Curing "her."

But on the YOU, and here, and now part.

Looks like you have the Priorities correct. The kids come first.

But what about taking care of you? Yeah, YOU.

That is what we work on (hopefully) in this domain.

Looked at Alanon?
Old 02-01-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I spent the last few months of our relationship focusing more on me and avoiding him when he was drinking. This only came after becoming ill with all the stress of it all and losing a lot of weight. Even at this point when he knew he'd contributed to it he carried on drinking. A turning point for me. I knew I'd leave when i felt stronger amd that is what I did. Take care of yourself and your son starting today. Give yourself some time and save the big decision for when you have strength. :-)
Old 02-01-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been taking care of my son and supporting my husband but have completely forgotten about myself. There is a beginner's Naranon meeting on Monday that I plan to go to. I guess it's true that I should start taking care of myself and I'll be able to make a choice of what to do eventually. I need to put some space between myself and his addiction, detaching, I guess it's called. But I don't know how to do that.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missmae4 View Post
Just found out that my AH, who I thought was recovering, has relapsed and been using for two weeks. I don't believe this... I believe he has been using for longer. In any case, we have a four month old son, and I'm not sure how much more to take from my husband. I'm nearing my breaking point with him but don't know if I have the strength to leave him, which is what my head is telling me to do. I love him so much, but the lying, stealing, using, etc feels like it will never ever end and I do not trust him with our son now. He has now been fired from his second job, which was finally going to get us medical insurance again. He was at his told new job for one week before getting fired. I feel like I'm giving up on him by walking away, and like I'm not being a good wife.
as an alcoholic myself i am going through something similar.my ex fiance ended our relationship.we have to take care of ourselfs.i was on the same end as you,the hiding,the lies,acusations,and to me almost made me drink.but i am told it will get better.1 day at a time.