What are you reading these days?

Old 11-04-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I just started reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. When I finish I'll start reading the Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I wanted to add that last week I read To Rise Again at a Decent Hour by Joshua Ferris and I absolutely loved it! Highly recommend! Other than that I've been reading a lot of chick lit because they're great books for a mindless juxtaposition to recovery reading.

OH! And I recently listened to Bossypants by Tina Fey and it was side splitingly hilarious!! Also highly recommend that one!
Old 11-05-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Bossypants was HILARIOUS! Loved it!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Currently, I am reading "Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul" by John Eldredge. A Christian book about why God really created woman and how we were created to not just be a man's 'helpmeet' but we were created for beauty (both inside and out) and that we are to be valued and that God did not create us as the lesser sex. I'm not that far into it but I like it because it just confirms a woman's worth and what we contribute to humankind and that we do deserve to feel special and not 'less than'.

I also just finished a WWII book called, "The Forgotten 500", which is about mostly American airmen who were shot down in Yugloslavia during the war and how they were rescued from the mountains without the Germans finding out. Very interesting read if you like historical books that really revealed a lot about the history of the world in Eastern Europe, which I knew nothing about. I felt that I learned a lot about the heart of the Serbian mountain people and how they just loved the Americans and gave whatever they could to help them. Easy to read book, as well, so it kept me interested.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I have always loved reading but found that after the past two years...I couldn't get myself to even be interested in books...so you reminded me that me having all my books all over for the last 4 weeks (very hard time) is a recovery of sorts for me...I love mystery and suspense, fantasy sci fi and other interesting books. Grisham is awesome and the above books are ones I will look to as well...this gave me a positive glimmer today and that is awesome. Thank you.