Should I visit him in rehab?

Old 01-26-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Personally I wouldn't even consider it. He wants you to visit him so he can manipulate you and hook you back in. If I were you I'd be working hard to get moved out and away. Any kind of abuse is a deal breaker.

Originally Posted by meggygoround30 View Post
My XAB, who was also physically abusive, wants me to visit with his family when they fly out to see him next weekend. They are having a m meeting with his counselor before he leaves on the 6th. I'm at the point of no return, never want to see or talk to him again in fear of falling back in love with him so easily. I'm terrified of the power he has over me But maybe it could help me move on?. I unfortunately share an apartment with him so there is a big possibility of him staying there with me. I'm hopefully moving out in a month, but everything is up in the air. I don't know what to do. I don't know how honest he has been in rehab about the abuse and I'm scared.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Nooooooooooooo. No. No. No.

You owe him nothing. You shouldn't even be in contact with him. I'm reacting physically to your post because I know how easy it is to get sucked back in. I even promised AXH I'd go to meetings At rehab with him but the only reason I really did promise that was that I was scared of what he would say or do to me if I didn't.

My best friend asked me why I had promised to do it. I told her why. She convinced me that I should, i had the right to, prioritize my emotional and mental and physical health over his.

So do you.

Turn your back, change your number, walk away, and keep walking.